Chapter 12: Is this the end?

Finally you slowly start to regain conciousness, the noises around are muffled by the concussion you had as you slowly try to open your eyes, swinging slightly your head to stay awake. Someone was yelling nearby and their loud voice made you wake up. You straighten up with a huff, groaning for the pain that still ached in you waist. You look around and recognize the ruined building, the Doctor's lair, and before you, in the distance, there was him. You knew it was him even if your vision was still a little blurred. His tentacles made it hard not to recognize his silhouette. When you try to move you realize that you are restrained, tied to a pole with ropes to your wrists behind your back. He was making sure that this time you couldn't easily escape.

"Hey! HEYYY!!!!"

You quickly glance on your right, and see a tied redheaded girl that was being really noisy, trying to catch the Doctor's attention. You squint your eyes and look carefully at the girl. Your mouth shut opens when you recognize her. It's Mary Jane! The popular girl from school. If you weren't wrong she was also becoming a renown actress, you saw her face everywhere on the walls of the city. But what in the world was she doing here? You try to think and then realize that she was the one that Octavius kidnapped in the cafe. You blink in disbelief as you link all the info.
Mary Jane wistled very loudly and the Doctor pulls up his glasses and turns, looking at the girl, irritated by her interference with his plans.

"I am talking to you!"

She shouts angryly to Octavius that was now watching her with an annoyed face. She was unexpectedly brave to test the Doctor's nerves... especially in this situation where... Well you weren't really in a good position to anger him or ask anything.

"You've got what you needed for your little science project now let me GO!"

She demanded frustrated, wiggling with the chains that restrained her. You turn your head away, trying to shield your ears from her screams. You were starting to have slight headache from all of this.

"I can't let you go, you'd bring the police... Not that anybody can stop me now that Spider Man is dead"

He says with nonchalance, not caring at all about the girl's worries with a slight tone of complacency. You widen your eyes after hearing his words. Spider Man...dead? It couldn't be true. He was at Harry's place... Tied but, still alive. He was breathing and all unless... You drop your head when you think about it, your eyes darting from right to left. Did Harry... Kill him? No. That couldn't be true... The only hope you had to stop the doctor and his machine... Was dead? Was this really the end?

"He's not dead... I don't believe you..."

Mary Jane speaks with sorrow in her voice. She didn't want to believe Octavius's words, she couldn't but you saw what the doctor was capable of... Your heart sank full of despair.

"Believe it"

He answers her with an arrogant and hasty tone before looking at you, noticing that you regained conciousness while watching you from up to bottom but he dismisses you and quickly turns his attention to his machine, putting back on his goggles. The reaction was his main objective right now and he didn't have time to check upon you... Especially not after your little betrayal. He types something on the keyboard and his machine turns on, laser rays start hitting the tritium and within no time a small, incandescent ball appears in the center. It really looked like a small Sun that was slowly enlarging. Your eyes widen with amazement. Was this what the Doctor wanted to achieve? So beautiful yet... So destructive. You entusiasm fastly becomes concern as you see the Sun becoming bigger and bigger. Octavius had used a lot of tritium and you weren't sure if he could contain all of that power even in a large place like this, especially if the Sun got too big. The magnetism would start sucking in pieces of metal if not the whole building until it became... Oh God. You were in a really, really big danger. Before you could do anything you sense something near you.