✧☆I'm Not Alone?...☆✧

the universe said, you are not alone.
night daydream...

Summary:
He's being tortured.

His body is being put through hell and the dreamon is just laughing, feeling nothing, letting Dream take on the burden of the pain. It hurts, it hurts so badly, but it doesn't stop. It's endless.

And then one day- Dream opens his eyes, and he can see.

aka;

Dream is possessed by a dreamon, and once he's freed, he swears to make everything right and kill the thing that hurt his family.

Notes:
this.... was supposed to be a Drabble....

as always, this is about the characters, not the cc's!

————————————————————————————————————

Work Text:

The universe said, you are the night, and the darkness you fight is within you.

Dream doesn't know how long he's been drifting. He just knows that he's stuck in an endless, timeless void, trapped inside his own mind. At first, he fought- screamed and tore at the magic holding him down, demanding to be released, spitting curses at the being that pinned him a prisoner in his own head and body. But as time passed and the chains around his consciousness didn't weaken, he slowly stopped fighting, conserving his energy, driven by sparks of anger and vengeance.

He caught flashes, pieces of what the monster was doing with his face, his voice, his body. Felt the pain his body suffered, the monster caring little about keeping its vessel in a good condition. He knew when the monster was fighting, when it was hurt, because he felt the pain coursing through his veins, sobbing and screaming into the deep, soundless void in his mind.

He felt when the monster was finally defeated.

The press of a blade against his neck, deep enough to draw blood, the bruising grip on his arms, the agony of losing two canon lives in one awful, dreadful hour. Coughing and sobbing, curled on his side in the void, hand stained with blood when he wipes at his mouth. Feeling the magic loosen its hold when he's killed, only to latch on even tighter as his body is rebuilt and he returns to life, crushing his chances of escape.

Dream waits for the final kill after his second canon life is lost. For the final death. A twisted freedom, but freedom nonetheless- separation from the monster at last.

He doesn't know what the monster in his body has done, but for the other inhabitants of the SMP to allow the taking of two of his canon lives at once- it's nothing good. He wants to scream, cry, rage at the monster in his head- but he's too exhausted to move, weak from the loss of two canon lives, all the effects seeming to only harm him, not the monster.

The dreamon.

Ancient magic, ancient creatures, almost as old as the admin magic that runs in Dream's veins. They can fully possess a vessel, take over its mind and body, leaving the person to suffer, trapped in their own head with no way out. Even Dream, armed with admin magic that allows him to bend and shape reality, is powerless against it.

And the worst part is the few moments of clarity he's granted, because they do nothing but hurt him more.

The dreamon lets him see, sometimes. Flashes of reality. Like a movie on a screen, playing out in front of Dream's eyes. He sees the Dreamon kill, torture, manipulate- all with his voice and his face. Watches as the dreamon turns all his friends against him, against each other, stoking the fires of war for fun. Laughing and forcing Dream to watch as the SMP lights itself ablaze, his family tearing itself apart at the seams.