✧☆We're all someone's monster (but you're not mine)☆✧

Summary:
Five times Dream helped his friends, and one time where they all help him.

This is a Shadow & Bone/Grishaverse AU, but if you are not familiar with that universe, then fear not! There is a brief, spoiler-free explanation in the beginner's notes, so you can still read this :)

Notes:
If you haven't read/watched s&b and are not familiar with the grishaverse!! here is the explanation:

This is set in a fantasy world in a country called Ravka. Ravka is bordered by Fjerda and Shu Han, neither of which it gets along with. Within this world there are people called Grisha who can manipulate the world around them. There are three classes of Grisha- Corporalki (who wear red keftas- basically robes for Grisha), Etherealki/Summoners (blue keftas), and Fabrikators (purple keftas).

Within the classes there are also different types of Grisha. Corporalki are made of Heartrenders and Healers. Both can manipulate the body and do stuff like slow breathing, control heartrate, ect., but Healers generally heal while Heartrenders are trained to hurt/incapacitate people. Summoners consist of Tidemakers (control water), Squallers (control wind/air), and Inferni (control fire). There are also rare cases of Shadow Summoners/Sun Summoners. Fabrikators are made of Alkemi and Durasts but the difference doesn't really matter in this. Different classes have different colored embroidery on their keftas, but again, that doesn't matter too much.

Some other things: Ravka has the First Army (normal soldiers) and Second Army (Grisha). The capital is Os Alta, and it has the Grand Palace (where the king lives) and the Little Palace (where the Grisha live). Druskelle are witchhunters from Fjerda trained to capture and kill Grisha by burning them on pyres without fair trial. They do so because they believe that Grisha power is unnatural.

And a few things about the fic itself: dream's characterization in this is loosely inspired by c!dream. he's not how i usually write him; instead, he's a lot closer to what c!dream is like- which is why i made the snake monologue that he did a big part of this. that also means that i dream-apologisted all over this thing, but oh well, what can ya do :)

(Real author said that not me)

that's it! enjoy <3 and remember that this is about the characters, not the ccs!

————————————————————————————————————

Work Text:

1. Techno

They’re coming .

The thought comes with a grim sort of pleasure as Techno watches the line of Fjerdan tanks slowly advance, mounted by Fjerdan soldiers with guns. Following them, like a sea of hungry wolves, are waves upon waves of Fjerdans on foot- not just regular soldiers, but drüskelle as well. The Fjerdans’ special forces, trained in taking down Grisha.

Would be nice if those Grisha were actually here , Techno thinks, only a little bitterly. He knows that the Second Army is doing just as important things to help win Ravka the war- and they’ll be here any second. At least, he hopes they will.

“General, your orders?” Calvin, his second-in-command, asks.

Techno sighs through his nose and fingers his pistol. “We can’t wait for them any longer. We have to take this fight. Tell your men to form a defensive line. We can’t let them push any farther into Ravka.”

Calvin salutes and slips away, and Techno returns his gaze to the Fjerdan forces approaching. This is it, then- the battle that will decide if Ravka wins or loses, if Phil keeps his throne or not, if it all comes crashing down like the Little Palace a year ago.