Chapter 24- The Memory Pt. 2

The Memory- Mayday Parade 

Elsie-

I sat down on my window seat and I watched the world in front of me. Everyone seemed so happy, so unaffected by anything. I secretly despised them. How could a person be so happy when another person was miserable? The rain had gotten heavier as the time went by and I watched an elderly couple walk down the street, the man holding the umbrella over his wife, not bothering that he himself was getting soaked. My heart broke again into a million pieces as I realized once again that I would never have that happiness with the one I loved. I was starting to get lost in thought when I heard someone take a deep breath and said the words I thought I'd never hear again. "Elsie, my love." I looked up and gasped, "Jack?" I was happy at first but then I realized that my mind was making hallucinations so real that I myself couldn't tell the difference. I looked away and to the door that was starting to open. I quickly looked back to where Jack was standing and he was gone. I knew it. A head of red hair peeked in and I met Anna's curious blue eyes.

"Come in Anna." I said and I remained seated where I was and she slowly made her way inside my room. Along with her came Punzie and Merida. They came in and stood in front of me while Anna sat beside me. Anna looked at them and they nodded. They seemed to be hiding something so I didn't hesitate to ask, "What are you guys planning?" I looked at the three of them and Anna was the first one to speak.

"Well, we were gonna tell you about a sale going on at your favorite shop in town." she said as she smiled sweetly at me. My first instinct was to decline the invintation to go shopping but then I remembered the heartbreaking hallucination I had a while ago. I nodded and stood up. "Just give me a few minutes to freshen up okay?" They nodded and left the room. I walked into my closet and selected a black sweater and black denim jeans. I paired it off with my black combat boots and my black form-fitting peacoat Jack had bought me from a small boutique in Tromso. I smiled at the memory of us goofing off and having a good time. We were just being us. I finished brushing my hair and grabbed my black velvet backpack and headed downstairs.The whole gang was there. Anna, Kristoff, Eugene, Punzie, Merida, Hiccup and Kat.

My face must have told them that I was wondering what they ALL were doing here because Anna said, "The guys wanted to check out the skateboard shop next to the boutique." I nodded and we headed out and each went into our seperate cars. Anna with Kristoff, Punzie with Eugene, Merdia with Hiccup and Kat with me. I had gotten my car a few weeks after coming back from Tromso but I had kept Jack's car as well. Kat and I both got in my black Cadillac and I started the car and followed the others to Cristobal on Church Street. Kat and I chatted about simple things and I could tell she wanted to know more about her brother's disapperance but she didn't bring it up. Instead we stuck to safe subjects like school and sports and our favorite songs. 

As I turned onto the beltway behind Punzie's white Cadillac, While I'm Alive by Starfucker came on and Kat turned the radio up. We both sang along the entire way to Cristobal and I had to admit that it was the best time I had in a long time. We all parked a few cars away from each other and I hadn't actually paid attention to the signs on the beltway because I was singing along with Kat, but I wish I had. We were at the school. I immediately turned around to get back in my car but Kat stood in front of it, blocking my only escape. Anna and Punzie came up to me and I said, "You said we were going to Cristobal. This doesn't look like Cristobal." They both shrugged and Punzie said. "Well we knew you wouldn't come if we said we were going to the school. The sale at Cristobal was our only leverage to get you out of the house." I had to admit she was right. Depressed or not, I couldn't miss a sale going on at my favorite boutique. Anna waved her hand and Kristoff came and gave her a blue cloth.

"I'm gonna need to put this over your eyes Elsie. Otherwise, you'd definitely run away." she said as she held up the blindfold. I sighed and nodded. After the blindfold was on I had to rely on her to guide me to wherever we were headed to in the school. A couple minutes later, I was sat down on a small bench and the blindfold was taken off. The room was dark and I heard a door close and lock somewhere beyond me. A light suddenly turned on and I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes. What stood in front of me sent shivers down my spine. A grand piano with a couple pages of chords sat waiting to be played. Slowly I scooted forward until I was in the position I was comfortable with and scanned the chords. I recognized the lyrics almost immediately and I decided to alter the lyrics a little bit to fit my situation. I started to play the first few chords and I let myself get into the music.

🎵He is everywhere I go, Everyone I see, Winter's gone and I still can't sleep, Summer's on the way at least that's what they say but these clouds won't leave.

Walk away, barely breathing, as I'm lying on the floor. Take my heart as you're leaving I don't need it anymore.

This is the memory. This is the curse of having too much time to think about it. It's killing me. This is the last time. This is my forgiveness. This is endless.

Now spring has brought the rain but I still see your face and I can not escape the past. Creeping up inside reminding me that I can never bring you back.

This is memory. This is the curse of having too much time to think about it. It's killing me. This is the last time. This is my forgiveness. This is endless.

This is endless [x3] Someone help me 'cause the memory convinced itself to tear me apart and it's gonna succeed before long.

He is everywhere I go, in everyone I see but these clouds won't leave......🎵

I finished the song and a tear slid down my cheek. I took in a deep breath and opened my eyes. I began to think of the song that I had been constantly playing when I was younger and before I knew it my hands were on the keyboard playing the first few chords. I remember the lyrics I had added to it a couple years after and began to sing them (A/N: I know this song belongs to Birdy but let's pretend Elsie wrote it.)

We know full well there's just time. So is it wrong to dance this line? If your heart is full of love, could you give it up?

'Cause what about, what about angels? They will come, they will go, make us special.

Don't give me up. Don't give... me up.

How unfair, it's just our luck, we found something real that's out of touch. But if you'd searched the whole wide world, would you dare to let it go?

'Cause what about, what about angels? They will come, they will go, make us special.

Don't give me up. Don't give... me up.

'Cause what about, what about angels? They will come, they will go, make us special.

It's not about, not about angels, angels....

I stopped and took a deep breath again. The atmosphere felt different and I knew that my mind was not hallucinating. He was actually here. Behind me, watching me. I quickly grabbed the small pencil and wrote down the lyrics to the song I just sang. At the end I wrote something I hoped he would catch. I put down the pencil and got up and walked to the door where it was quickly unlocked and opened. I took a quick glance back and stepped out.

I only hoped he would read it..........