Chapter 26- Words

Words by Skylar Grey

Narrator-

The rain was almost silent as it fell on the tin window sill at the University Hospital of North Norway. Hans sat on the chair beside it as he thought about Anna. He shouldn't have hit her, should've worked harder on being the good guy he truly is. But his chances with her were gone thanks to her sister Elsa and her boyfriend Jack. He didn't mean to be abusive, didn't want to be, but he was so afraid of losing her that he panicked. Either way he ended up losing her and now he was here in the mental institute and she was somewhere being happy now that she was free from him. There was so much he had wanted to tell her, he had even thought about proposing to her.

His thoughts were interrupted by the door to his room opening and his nurse, Arielle came in carrying a tray full of food and medicine. She smiled at him and he was reminded of Anna. Not only was it her red hair, blue eyes and cheery personality but it was the way she lit up when she came to see him. He glared at her like he always did and she placed the tray on the table beside him. He continued glaring at her until she finished picking up his laundry and made his bed. As she was walking out, she turned around and said the same thing she always said, "Let me know if you need anything, Mr. Isles."

At that moment he knew exactly what he needed and spoke for the first time since being there, "Actually Arielle, there is something I need." She turned around eyes wide open from shock at hearing him speak but was quick to recover and asked, "What is it Mr. Isles?" Hans took a deep breath and asked her something he knew she would get in trouble for.

"Could I borrow your phone?"

———————

(Bright by Echosmith)

Elsie-

I woke up with a start as I heard the shower come on in the bathroom. I was confused at first as to where I was but then the memories of last night came rushing back. I smiled at them and got up, sheets and all and walked to the bathroom. Just as I opened the door, Jack was stepping out, wrapping a towel around his waist as he did so. He looked up and smiled as I walked in. I smiled back and turned to the sink where there were two tooth brushes and an extra towel. I grabbed the towel and walked over to the shower and hung it on the rack. Jack stood by watching as I did this and soon he was behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my neck.

"Good morning Snowflake." he said as he continued kissing my neck. My stomach fluttered with butterflies as he did that and I sighed, contempt. He chuckled and let me go. I took off the sheets and stepped in the shower and closed the glass door. The water was still warm when I turned it on so I let myself relax underneath it. I washed my hair and lathered my body when I felt something on my stomach. I looked down and saw that I had a bruise and a scab. Where'd that come from? I shrugged it off, thinking it might've come from the doctors having to put a needle in my stomach to feed me in Tromsø. I didn't give it a second thought and continued with my shower.

A couple minutes later, I was out of the shower and dressed in the clothes I had worn last night. I stepped out of the bathroom and dashed across the cold marble floor to the carpet in front of the bed. I sat down and quickly slipped on the extra pair of socks I found in my bag. I usually keep an extra pair just in case it rains, which by the looks of it through the window, it rained last night. After I finished putting on the socks, I walked into the living room to find Jack, dressed in a black long sleeve and jeans, sitting on the couch leaning over a couple of books. I smiled, thinking how cute it was that he still cared about his studies while I, on the other hand, had to be put in independent studies due to my lack of appearance at school.