chapter seven

Chapter Seven: Listen here boy

I turn over to look at my clock 1:43 am

I turn over to look at my clock 1:43 am. I've been laying in my bed all night thinking. It's been 2 days since me and my brother went to the book store. Since then I've been working up the courage to go back and ask for Willow's number.

Part of me wants to and the other part of me is scared of rejection. Why am I scared? I have no clue. I mean I'm Cole Austin I can get any girl I want! So why am I so scared of this?

You know what screw it. I know she has a shift tomorrow don't ask how I know that and I'm going to ask her for her number. After scrolling on my phone for a while I fall asleep thinking of her.

I wake up to little hands poking at my face and a weight on my side.

"Cole... Cole... Cole!" I hear little whispers. The sun light thats seeping through my window causing me to squint at the light. I look over and see Jack laying on my side.

"What Jack?" I ask with a groggy voice.

"Can we go to the book store and see Willow?" He asks with a big toothy grin. I look over at my clock and see it's 12:10. Wait 12:10?!

"Shit shit shit shit..." I mumble while gently setting Jack on the bed and getting up to run around my room. I had a whole plan I was going to go over to the book store this morning, bring her coffee, then-

"What does shit mean?" Jack asks innocently  and I instantly freeze. With wide eyes I slowly turn around and look over at Jack to see him staring at me with big curios eyes. I walk over to my bed slowly trying to plan out how I'm going to deal with this situation. I kneel down in front of Jack and carefully play out my words,

"Jack you can not say that word ever again. Ok?" I say in what I hope is a serious tone. Perfect.

"But you say it so why can't I." Okay not so perfect.

"Um, because that word is a big kid word and a grown up word." Fuck now what. I could bribe him. Yes perfect. "How about this if you promise me to not say that word ever again I'll um." Shit think what can I bribe him with.

Think Cole come on your smart think. Books? No, he gets books with mom all the time. Then ding ding ding it comes to me. Someone also has a fascination with a brown haired girl whose name starts with a w. "I'll bring you to the book store and you can see Willow. Deal?" I ask. I swear if he doesn't agree I'll have to run away or else my mom and dad will kill me. Well probably just my mom, my dad would be laughing his ass off.

"Deal." Jack says with a big grin and leaves my room. Thank god. I get up and start getting ready again. I pick out my outfit which consists of grey sweatshirt, some black baggy jeans, and some rings.