chapter ten

Chapter Ten: First Date

The week has passed with multiple test, presentations, and long nights of homework

The week has passed with multiple test, presentations, and long nights of homework. The only good thing about that is the week went by fast and it's Friday.

That means... it's the day of my date with Cole.  Which also means my whole room looks like a tornado came through it. I have shirts and pants thrown all over my room. Jackets and skirt on my desk.

It's currently 7:00 and Cole is picking me up in 30 minutes. I'm usually more prepared for this but, with my busy week I haven't had any time. My mom is at work again, so I don't need to worry about an excuse for going. I go onto my phone and go to pinterest to find some sort of inspiration.

I decided on a pair of black leggings flare pants, a green crew neck hoodie, and a white turtle neck to go underneath the hoodie. We're going to be sitting in a car watching a movie, I want to be comfy and it's more of a casual date so I don't worry about getting too dressed up.

I go to my bathroom, my hair is dried from my shower I took, and surprise surprise it dried as straight as a pin great. I put on some mascara, concealer, and a simple lip gloss on.

I head back to my room and  search through all of the clothes to find my tote bag I'll bring. I then run around my house trying to find some snacks and a blanket in case I get cold or hungry. I finally found some and put them in my bag. I grabbed my cherry gummies, a kitkat, and sour patch kids. I grabbed a soft white blanket that has orange jack-o'-lanterns all over it too. It fit the theme for tonight.

I look at the time and see it's 7:30. I grab my phone to see if Cole has texted me but he hasn't. It's ok maybe he's just running late. I hear a nock on my door and quickly descend down the stairs. I open up the door and see Cole. Oh, and here I thought chivalry was dead. Cole wears a pair of gray sweatpants, a black crew neck, and a pair of green nike dunk lows.

When I look back up I see Cole scanning my outfit just as I did. As he finishes and look back at my face and notices I've caught him staring his face starts to turn red.

"Hey." He says still having a blush.

"Hey." I say in return.

"You look beautiful." I smile and feel my self start to blush as well. "Not that your not always beautiful because you are, you know what I'm just gonna stop talking." His blush becomes even worse. I laugh, but quickly relise I haven't let him in yet.

"Thank you Cole you look beautifyl as well, I mean not beautiful  I meant handsome. Not that your not beautiful because you are but..." I stop my nervous rambaling and hope to save myself from some embarrassment. "Do you wanna come inside, I have to go grab my bag from upstairs." He nods and steps through the door. I get a whiff of his cologne and oh my gosh. He has a masculine smell to him but with a hint of pine. I don't even know how to explain it.