Chapter 2

Author's note:
It's 20 years after the incident at the castle!👸 There's already a new chapter since I still have a break this week.

PS: This series will probably be short. So far, I think there will only be around 10 chapters, but we will see! I hope you enjoy!😇

Y/H/N means your horse's name.
———————————————

Word count: 1.8k
Warning: Mentions of death

It's been twenty years since that horrible night. A night that was supposed to be a cheerful celebration.

It's been twenty years since the Princess of the Kingdom was killed on her own birthday, only one year old.

Not only that, but another murder took place on the same night. Lily and James Potter were brutally murdered by a group of men.

All of this happened because of greed and jealousy.

The wealthiest man of the village, Tom Riddle, got greedy and wanted power. He has been mentioned as the Evil Lord after what he did.

And the King's own brother, Prince Lucius, was blinded by his jealousy. The stubborn man wanted to become king - but that didn't happen.

Instead, he got banished and has never been seen since that night, neither has the Evil Lord or any of his men.

The Kingdom and the village are still grieving after all this time.

Ever since that night, the castle has barely had any visitors. The royal family has gotten very strict about who is allowed to enter. They do not wish to lose any more family members.

No one is happy anymore - especially not the Queen. Ever since the death of her daughter, she has had trouble sleeping.

She has forbidden anyone to enter the deceased Princess' bedroom - she's afraid they will take something from there.

The room looks exactly like it did twenty years ago - the white crib, the pink walls, the white wardrobe filled with baby clothes... The Princess' favourite plushie - a donkey.

At first, the King wanted to throw it out as it had been a gift from Prince Lucius, but the Queen wouldn't allow it. The stuffed animal always makes her smile as it reminds her of her late daughter.

Even though the Princess was too young to talk, there was no doubt that she loved horses and donkeys.

The Advisor, Minerva McGonagall, always looked forward to teaching her how to ride...

That day never came.

The King has had it rough as well. He also has trouble sleeping, and he has become very distrustful.

The only people he trusts these days are his wife, his Advisor, the Wise Old Man and his best knight, Severus Snape.

Narcissa and Draco have also been very distressed - the poor boy has had nightmares ever since then.

Of course, he's no longer a boy who demands cake, but a young man with responsibilities.

As the King and Queen have no children anymore, the Prince is doomed to be King someday. He however doesn't want that - he would rather have his cousin being alive.

He also wants his father back. He misses him every day, wondering if he's dead or alive.

So does Narcissa. She's still very angry, yet she can't help but worry about her husband.

The King won't admit it, but he misses his brother as well. If only Prince Lucius hadn't been jealous, then this would have never happened...

Even Severus misses his friend. He hasn't had a lot of those in his life.