Chapter 9

Author's note:
Here's an early update! 🥳

There's only one chapter left😢 There will however also be a 'what if the Princess never left the castle' one shot👸 I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 2.3k
Warning: Alcohol, arrows, swords and threats to cut off someone's limbs

In the castle of the Kingdom, the King is pacing around in the throne room. He's worried for his daughter. Will Tom Riddle hurt her? Is she already dead?

Noticing her husband's worried look, the Queen gently grabs his hand. "I'm sure everything will be okay" she tells him, giving a reassuring smile.

The King sighs. He really hopes everything indeed will be okay.

Just then, a group of guards enter with three men behind them.

The Advisor who's standing next to the Queen immediately recognises one of the men. It's the man she punched in the face twenty years ago when he demanded that she handed over the Princess.

That, and he called her an old lady. That guy clearly doesn't have any manners. Well, none of Riddle's men do.

The King glares at the three newcomers. "Let me guess, Tom Riddle sent you?" he asks as he sits down on his throne.

The man in the middle nods as he smirks. "Indeed, your Majesty. Tom demands you hand over the castle to him" he states.

The King huffs. "And if I refuse?" he questions, raising an eyebrow.

The third guy laughs evilly. "Well, if you do refuse, the Princess will suffer" he says, clearly enjoying this.

The King's face immediately turns pale. Albus walks towards him, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Do not fear, my King. Severus is on his way to save her. He will save the Princess and bring her home soon. You do not have to give over your Kingdom" he whispers, making sure the men don't hear him.

Nodding at the old man's wise words, the King rises from his seat.

"I will not hand over my Kingdom to that imbecile man. Leave the castle this instant!" he demands.

"You will regret this" the guy that Minerva once punched says before the men finally leave.

Once they are out of sight, the King lets himself fall down onto his throne. He truly hopes that Severus will save his daughter.
______________________________

Later in the cave, the three men have returned to tell the King's response.

Tom laughs. "I guess he doesn't care about the precious Princess, huh? Now, what should we do to her? Cut off an ear, maybe? No, it's not violent enough. Perhaps we could take out one of her eyes? Or both? Yes, 'the Blind Princess'. What a marvellous idea indeed" the Evil Lord says, smirking at his own idea.

"We could also cut off a few fingers" one of his men suggests.

Y/N shudders as she hears this. She really hopes somebody will save her soon!

Suddenly, one of the men who's supposed to be standing guard runs inside the cave.

"What is it? You are supposed to keep watch" Tom says with irritation.

The man gulps. "All the horses... somebody has cut them loose! I can't catch all of them by myself!" the man exclaims.

Sighing in annoyance, Tom looks at the two men standing next to him.

"You two! Stay here. I do not entirely trust Lucius anymore" he says as he gives the blonde-haired man a cold look. He then leaves with the rest of his men to catch the horses.