Chapter 8

Word count: 2.7k
Warning: Kidnapping

The next day, Y/N is drinking tea with the Wise Old Man and the Advisor. She's chuckling as she's listening to their conversation.

Minerva has given Albus an impossible challenge.

One day without any lemons.

"Minerva, be reasonable. I can't do that, and you know it" he states as he takes a sip of his lemon tea.

Minerva rolls her eyes. "Why do you think I'm telling you to do this? They can't be good for your teeth, Albus!" she says as she sighs.

Just then, Y/N's friends enter the room, looking excited.

"Y/N! Today is the Full Moon Festival. You have to come with us, it will be so much fun!" Harry exclaims, looking hopeful.

Not knowing this festival, Y/N merely looks confused.

Hermione clears her throat. "The Full Moon Festival is a celebration of the full moon. You see, the full moon is tonight, and here in the village, we always celebrate it whenever it's time. It's quite fun" she states.

Ron nods. "Yeah, and there will be delicious, free food!" he says, looking dreamy at the thought of food.

Hermione rolls her eyes at that while Harry laughs. Y/N chuckles at them.

"That sounds fun, I would love to!" she says as she rises from her seat.

However, before the four friends can leave, Minerva clears her throat.

"You should wear something else, your Highness. The villagers will instantly recognise the royal dress. Also, you won't be going anywhere without Severus" she states sternly.

Hermione, Harry and Ron sigh. Great, they can't leave without the Grumpy Knight. Or perhaps the Grumpy Babysitter?

Almost as if he heard his name, the knight in black armour enters.

"Ah, Severus. Just the man we need. You see, these four young people would like to go to the Full Moon Festival. As the Princess' personal guard, you will stay by Princess Y/N's side the entire time" the Wise Old Man points out as his eyes sparkle.

Severus almost facepalms himself. Great, he has to keep an eye on her friends as well...

"Very well. And what shall I say if people ask why I'm accompanying them?" he questions, raising an eyebrow. People are most likely going to ask.

Albus thinks for a while. "You will just tell them that you are watching over Harry Potter. Tom Riddle could return whenever we least expect it. He could be wanting to kill the Potters' son as well" he suggests.

Sighing, Severus nods as he reluctantly accompanies the four friends. Once Y/N is dressed like a villager, the five of them leave the castle.

As they do so, Y/N looks at her personal guard. "Severus, I have been wondering something. Where is Draco's father? I don't recall hearing anything about him" she slowly says.

The knight stops in his tracks, sighing. Great, he has to be the one to tell her. He looks at her, thinking how to word this.

"Well... His father, your uncle, got tricked by the Evil Lord. Riddle promised him that if he helped them get into the castle, he wouldn't harm his family. He lied as he tried to attack the King and the rest of the royal family. After that, the King exiled Prince Lucius. Nobody knows where he is. I do believe that he truly regrets helping Riddle. He was devastated when he thought you had died. He loved you, he loved you so much. I just hope that he's safe out there, and far away from the Evil Lord" he explains, sighing.