One Shot: Royal Baby

Introduction:
Princess Y/N is pregnant. How will her husband, Severus Snape, react?

This is a request from JadeDowson8 on Wattpad. Thank you for your request!

It takes place after the original story and not the one shot "What if the Princess Never Left the Castle?". I missed Y/H/N (your horse's name) and the Smiths🥹

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 3/16/2023
———————————————

Word count: 1.7k

It's a year after the wedding of the Princess and the knight in black armour. Severus never leaves Y/N's side - and he will glare at anybody who's looking inappropriately at his wife. He is very protective of her, both as her personal guard and her husband.

The twenty-two-year old Princess can't help but laugh at her husband whenever he gets a little jealous when the other knights greet her. She thinks he's cute when he's jealous and protective.

Right now, Y/N is visiting Ron and his family together with Harry and Hermione. Prince Draco is there, too - he was bored and wanted to tag along. He asked nicely if he could.

Okay, correction - he demanded them. The boy is still spoiled as always, some things simply never change.

At first, Ron was ready to decline the spoiled prince, but Y/N convinced him. "If we play one of your board games, you and Harry can play against him - he HATES it when he doesn't win" she whispered to him.

The red-haired boy couldn't say no to that - he and Harry would love to see Prince Draco's face when they beat him. So here they are, playing a board game.

Draco is thinking hard about his next move. He's doing so while petting Thumper - he couldn't leave his rabbit alone inside the big castle. He's really attached to his soft friend.

When he decides his move, Ron and Harry grin. Ron then makes his move with a smug look on his face. "Ha, I won!" he declares.

Prince Draco widens his eyes. "W-what? That's impossible!" he exclaims.

"It seems like you lost, your Highness" Harry teases. That makes the blonde-haired boy pout. He never loses!

Meanwhile, Hermione and Y/N laugh. Suddenly, the Princess' stomach hurts. "Ahh!" she exclaims, groaning in pain.

The boys immediately stop arguing and look at her. "Cousin! Are you all right?" Draco questions, looking worried.

"I'm not sure... I don't feel so well" Y/N admits.

Hermione looks at her for a while before smiling. "Oh, my! You must be pregnant!" she happily exclaims.

That makes Y/N think about it for a while. Could she indeed be pregnant? She and Severus have been intimate together, so it's not impossible...

Prince Draco helps his cousin up from the ground. "Why don't you see the doctor right now?" he suggests, trying not to sound too eager. He would be so happy for his cousin if she is indeed pregnant.

As Y/N nods, the two young royals say goodbye to the others before riding back to the castle on Y/H/N, Thumper safely in Draco's arms.

While they are on their way, her friends digest the news. "Bloody hell... If she's pregnant, then their child might look like him!" Ron exclaims, referring to the knight in black armour.

Harry laughs. "I can already imagine it... The baby has Y/N's appearance, but has the same grumpy expression as the Grumpy Knight..." he states before he and Ron burst out laughing.