Chapter 7

Author's note:
Sorry for the late publication! I have been quite tired lately😴
———————————————

Word count: 2.7k

The next morning, Severus is outside the Princess' door. He sighs to himself. As he has been assigned to be her personal guard, he has to be the one to wake her up.

He slowly brings a hand to knock on the door, he however hesitates. What if she's fast asleep? What if she isn't dressed?

While hesitating, the Wise Old Man passes by him.

"Good morning, Severus. Go ahead and knock, the door won't bite" Albus says while his eyes sparkle. Severus rolls his eyes at that.

Once the old man is out of sight, the knight takes a deep breath before finally knocking. As no one answers, he knocks again.

"Yes?" a tired voice asks.

Severus clears his throat. "It's morning, your Highness. You should get ready for breakfast" he states.

From the sound of her movements, he can hear that she's leaving the bed.

"Oh, right. Thank you. And good morning" she shyly says.

The knight facepalms himself. He didn't even properly greet her!

"Good morning... Let me know once you are dressed so I can escort you to the dining room" he tells her.

Being her personal guard, he has to stay close to her all the time. Which means he can't leave her door until his job is done.

He waits for a while, looking as patient as he can. Perhaps she has trouble deciding what to wear?

He then hears a loud sigh. "... Severus, are you still there?" she asks, sounding a bit panicky.

Severus almost opens the door - could something be wrong?

"Yes, I'm still here, your Highness. Is something wrong?" he questions.

The girl sighs once more. "Well, yes... I'm not used to wearing these type of dresses. I can't tie it behind my back" she explains, sounding a bit embarrassed.

The knight tries everything in his power to stop his cheeks from turning red. He has to help her with her dress?

"I see. Would you like some help?" he finally offers.

"Yes, I would really appreciate it" the girl says.

He nods. "Very well, I'm coming in" he warns. As she doesn't protest, he slowly opens the door.

He stops in his tracks when he sees her. She's wearing a beautiful green dress that really suits her. Her back is however bare as she can't tie it herself.

Severus slowly approaches her, tying her dress with shaky hands. He has never tied a woman's dress before, so this is making him rather nervous.

After a while, her dress is looking more decent. The Princess turns around to face her personal guard.

"Thank you" she says as she smiles, blushing a bit.

"You are welcome, your Highness" he replies, his cheeks a bit red himself.

As they look at each other for a while, Severus clears his throat.

"Well, shall we?" he suggests as he offers her his arm.

Nodding, the Princess wraps her arm around his as the knight escorts her to the dining room.

Once they enter, they are greeted by everyone. "There you are! We thought you were still asleep. Good morning" the King says as he smiles.