Prologue

Quick A/N: If you find any inaccuracies to RWBY lore or have any suggestions, please let me know in dm's or in the comments section. I haven't watched RWBY, especially not the earlier parts, in some time. There will be certain purposeful alterations, such as the role of things from the JoJo universe in RWBY and perhaps one or two motives of certain RWBY characters, but that should be it.

================================================================================

"": Speech

'': Thoughts

~~: Sound Effects

##: Change in POV, Location or Time

#Nobody's POV:# =================================================================

It was almost midnight in Vale, but not all the city was asleep. Especially not in the hospital room, where a certain Raven-haired woman was currently giving birth to what she'd only found out was twins about 5 minutes ago. Her husband who was currently by her side received the news much better than her given the circumstances, but he knew she'd come around once it was done.

A girl came first, and then a boy only seconds after. The girl was the one they'd known about for months. They named her Yang as it was the name they had both agreed upon, and she had golden hair and upon opening her eyes, both new parents saw she had Lilac eyes. Raven merely lied back out of exhaustion while Taiyang congratulated her.

The boy however, they did not have a name for just yet. He had golden hair just like his sister and their father, however he had orange eyes which somewhat was more in line with his mother. The boy came into the world without even a whimper which had been seen before by the doctor, however the look on the boy's face was...unnerving. The doctor wasn't exactly the bravest of men, he was no huntsman or anything of the sort, however he had never seen a baby look like this. There was no physical aspect of the baby's face that unnerved the doctor, it was the expression that it gave, as if it was completely aware of his surroundings and had great distaste for the doctor.

Not long after, when the babies had been cleaned and wrapped up in blankets did the woman, Raven and the husband, Taiyang get to see the faces of their children properly. However, unlike the doctor, Taiyang merely laughed at the look his son's face. The doctor remained slightly anxious whenever he saw the baby but Taiyang, perhaps because he had seen far worse, only saw it as nothing less than hilarious. Raven herself upon seeing the boy didn't know what to think. She was hardly in the same state as the doctor, but she was also far off her husband. She had read about potential issues with babies that don't cry when they're born, and so the look on her son only worried her if anything. Regardless, both parents immediately loved both of their children, with Taiyang seeming to be able to make Yang laugh at basically anything he did.

However, there still was the issue of a name for the boy. Of course, they still had some time to think of a fitting one especially considering the circumstances of his birth, however they wanted to refrain from simply referring to him as "boy" as quickly as possible. As Taiyang had been the main influence for Yang's name, it was only fair that Raven would be the main influence for the boy's name. After some consideration, she suggested a name that both she and Taiyang thought would be suitable for the boy. The name they chose was that of one of the most powerful...and generally bad-tempered members of Raven's tribe. The name they chose was Yin on account of his personality seemingly being a stark contrast to his sister's already, and of course because Taiyang was very adamant about his family's naming convention. Raven didn't even know where this language was from, nor how Taiyang understood it, but she was too focused on her new children to ask.

#A year later, Nobody's POV# ========================================================

Raven was currently sitting outside of her and Taiyang's house. It was peaceful outside of their house, which helped her think. She had a lot to think about. She knew she had to return to her tribe, as was made apparent by her brother Qrow's refusal to come with her, calling them murderers and thieves. However, she loved spending time with her children, even spending time with Taiyang who she could never think of as insufferable unlike a lot of people. But then there was also the fact that she hated the idea of family life. She did not want this to be her life until her children move out, which could take at least 17 years, and that was only if they both went to Beacon like she did. This was, she admitted to herself, the main reason why she wanted to return to her tribe. She did not want to 'waste' her life with some limited huntress jobs or getting a teaching job like Taiyang was thinking of doing. But surely she could still find a way to get both things in her life? After all, she was one of the greatest students to come out of Beacon and was looking to be one of the greatest huntresses in the Vale region despite supposedly being an anti-hunter weapon for her tribe.