Early Life, pt.4

"": Speech

'': Thoughts

~~: Sound Effects

##: Change in POV, Location or Time

(A/N: Since I don't know of any Atlas equivalent of Signal, I'm going to be calling it Lapetus, as that's the name of Atlas' father in Greek Mythology and I think it serves well as a name for a predecessor Academy. Also, I plan to make the uniform for this school like what Dio wears when he steals Erina's first kiss, since I think it fits.)

#Nobody's POV, 9 years later, the area behind the Xiao Long Cabin#====================

...A swing to the left, followed by a kick to the knee. Yin, or 'Dio' as he refers to himself privately, can almost read his sister, Yang, like a book. They had begun attending junior huntsman academies two years ago despite Yin's initial reluctance, but that had faded when he was reminded about the events that took place when he was only 5. He had to admit, the transition was slightly easier by the fact that Qrow and his father were both teachers at Signal academy. This inevitably lead to them speaking more to the initial delight of Taiyang, however that faded once he got used to his son.

Yin was hardly a delightful person to talk to, and that was only made worse once Taiyang had told him about his birth mother, Raven. The woman Yang was looking for when Yin saved her life. Taiyang deep down knew Yin loved his family, but he didn't like to show it much. He even chose to go to a different school to his family as if he didn't want to be seen with them.

Back to the present, Yin had just predicted Yang's attack as he found he often did. He ducked under her swing and sidestepped the kick aimed at his knee, briefly leaving Yang with one foot on the ground. Yin from there, was able to take the initiative and deliver his own kick to her ankle, causing her to find herself on her back with Yin standing over her.

Yin: "Too slow, too slow! If you want speed to be your tool, you also need surprise on your side. I have yet to see any substance to your time at Signal."

Yin then gestured to himself in a rather dramatic pose, with his entire hand pointed towards his chest.

Yin: "But then again, the strongest Xiao Long should always be I, Yin."

Yang was growing irritated at Yin. Especially when he made declarations such as this, as if he was the master of combat at 14 years of age. It was him who had lead Yang to discover her semblance early, after a particularly annoying tirade about how great he was.

#Flashback, exactly 1 year ago, Nobody's POV#========================================

Yang had been on the backfoot for a while now, it was almost impossible to land a hit on Yin. Sometimes he moved far faster than a human should. However, that didn't deter Yang. She kept throwing whatever fist was available at him as he kept his arms raised. One thing she did notice, was that he was beginning to just barely catch her hits. She had been delivering strike after strike at him for a while now, so it wasn't unlikely that his arms were either getting tired, or numb. Maybe even both.

However, Yang knew that her opportunity was ripe for the taking. She delivered a kick to his stomach which was grabbed by Yin with both hands, halting it. Unfortunately for Yin though, Yang was able to push off the ground with her free leg, spinning herself around and catching Yin's head with the back of her boot.

Yang had done it; she had taken down Yin after so many failed attempts. Due to him still having a firm grip on Yang's leg until he fell, Yin landed flat on his face, being scratched slightly by the rough floor beneath him. Yang then struck a victorious pose, with one hand on her hip and the other pointed at Yin. She would savour this moment while she could.