Early Life, pt.1

"": Speech

'': Thoughts

~~: Sound Effects

##: Change in POV, Location or Time

(I'm going to be saying that Signal Academy trains students for 5 years since I found no confirmed answer on the internet. Also, I took inspiration from the book "The Show Must Go On" by Marx Avian II on fanfiction.net and renamed our main character to Yin, rather than Chengse. The main reason for this is that I think that DIO would be regarded as an opposite to Yang, and the fact that they're twins would influence Taiyang into naming him Yin.)

================================================================================

#Yin's POV, 5 years later, The Xiao Long Residence#

I couldn't sleep, not for what felt like more than a minute at a time. Ever since a couple of days ago, I have been having the same, painful dream over and over again. In this dream, everything is completely dark. It is almost as if I am blind for part of it, however, there is also always a great pain shooting from my left leg all the way up to the top of my head. I had never felt, nor imagined anything like it before. The pain almost feels like my entire body is on fire underneath my skin, and it always ends the same way. It always ends with unintelligible screaming, and a white flash that engulfs my entire vision, and coincides with the peak of my pain.

The peak of the pain almost feels like I am exploding from the inside out, and I don't think anyone has ever felt anything like it. Luckily, I always wake up at most a second after the flash, so I don't have to endure the pain for long. However, a faint tingling remains in the same area as the fire for some time after I wake up.

I had just woken up again from one of these dreams, however this time I did not experience the flash of pain. I was very grateful for this of course, but I had no idea why this had happened. Not until I tried to move my head to look around, only finding myself not able to move. I tried to move my arm around to see if it was the same for all my body, and it was.

The sudden fear that had overtaken my body was now overriding any feeling of gratefulness I had first felt upon waking up. It was pitch black and I couldn't see anything, althou-

???: "Shhhh...it's alright, it won't hurt you anymore."

The voice that had just interrupted my train of thought didn't even startle me, despite its unannounced appearance. If anything, it almost immediately calmed me down. It was soothing, and somewhat familiar. That's when I realised why I was unable to move. I was currently in a tight yet warm embrace from my mother, Summer.

All I could think to do was to wrap my arms around the woman as she held me tight. She didn't say anything for a while, and neither did I. We simply remained like this as neither one of us wanted to move. All I wanted to do was stay like this forever.

However, all good things must come to an end, as Summer slowly began to pull away, with her hands still on my shoulders as she looked into my eyes. It wasn't until I looked into her own silver eyes that I was immediately become with a feeling that was nothing less than pure dread. I didn't know why, but every time I tried to look into her eyes, I was overcome with this feeling that something bad was going to happen, and it was going to happen soon. Soon, after seemingly examining my face, she spoke in that same soft voice.

Summer: "Aw...look at you. I don't think I've ever seen you worked up before, not like this. Do you want me to stay here with you tonight?"

She was right, I cannot recall the last time I had openly expressed much emotion other than annoyance, and even then it was only at antics such as my father's jokes and Yang's behaviour. Ruby wasn't yet old enough to have caused me any real nuisance, and Summer had never once irritated me before. Regardless of the past however, all I could see right now were my mother's eyes, and the simultaneous feelings of dread and gratitude – no, love towards my mother was too much, and I once again fell into her arms. Only this time, I felt tears slowly falling down my cheeks.