The Road to a Peaceful World

Although the distractions from the day before had helped ease his mind a while longer, Sakichi woke up and the fact that Mito was dead still stood firm. Sitting up in his bed, the boy sat there for a moment; the soft taps on his window as rain showered down on the village provided a scenery of how the boy felt inside. He sighed to himself, sliding out of bed and into his clothes. "Morning Niisan!" Sakichi was greeted as he walked out from his room by Kaiyu. "Morning Kai," Sakichi yawned. "Want to join me in going to get some breakfast?"

"Sure, it's raining outside so I'll grab the umbrella.." Sakichi responded, making his way to the front door to slip his shoes on; Kaiyu following behind him. "How long have you been up? You seem more energetic than usual for it being morning and all." Sakichi questioned over at his brother. "For about an hour or two. You know I love to watch the rain. It's so relaxing." Kaiyu smiled just at the thought of it. "Perfect weather for some green tea.." Sakichi added onto his brother's words as the two headed outside; Sakichi grabbing the umbrella that was propped up beside the door.

The village wasn't as lively as it usually was, most people probably staying inside to avoid the rain. "Pancakes sound good?" Kaiyu asked- to which Sakichi would nod. As the two siblings went down the dirt streets of Konoha; Sakichi holding the umbrella over both of their heads, a sudden crowd started to form near the gate of the village. "What's going on?" Kaiyu asked as the two brothers slowed their steps in curiosity as they looked around; everyone huddling together. "Don't know.. let's go check it out." Sakichi breathed, picking up his pace as he neared the crowd. It was Hashirama, the male holding a rather glim expression. As the two got closer, they both were able to spot Lady Mito limp in his arms. Sakichi felt his heart drop. Everyone around was crying, some even trying to comfort Hashirama. "Nii San.." Sakichi said softly, turning to his brother who stood there wide eyed in almost disbelief; tears already rolling down his cheeks. Then Sakichi fell silent- failing to find any words to comfort his brother. "Here, Kai.. go back home. I'll help Hashirama.." Sakichi continued after a moment of silence; the soft taps from the rain and the weeping of the villagers surrounding the two. Handing off the umbrella to his brother, who continued to stand there in disbelief; Sakichi made his way through the crowd to his uncle. "Uncle Hashi.." his voice was soft, almost not hearable over the cries. "Kichi, my boy.." and for the first time, Sakichi would witness his uncle crying. Tears begining to roll down his cheek as his eyes meet Sakichis.

Hashirama and Sakichi made their way to the hospital, so they could get her body ready for the funeral. As they walked, people would stop and bow their heads towards Lady Mito as a sign of respect. The two carried on through the rain, either of them having nothing to say but instead listening to the soft sounds of nature that surrounded them. Arriving at the hospital, Hashirama left Sakichi in the waiting room; taking Lady Mito's body to a special section of the hospital where they dealt with corpses. After a while of waiting, Hashirama would return. "I'm going to stay here a bit and help the other injured shinobi. Go back home Sakichi. I'll be there after a while."

"Is Father still in the village?" Sakichi sat up from his chair. "I'm afraid not. He had to go back out into the battle with his team. He will be returning in a couple of days though, I'm sure. But don't worry yourself about that.. go home and be with the family, okay?" Although there was obvious sadness that sat on Hashirama's heart, he gave Sakichi a soft smile- softly nudging his hand through the young boys hair. "Okay, uncle Hashi.." Sakichi responded and watched as Hashirama went on his way through the hospital. 'Does that mean father will miss the funeral?' Sakichi thought to himself as he left the hospital.

Sakichi returned home shortly, the house was quite. Slipping his shoes off before heading into the living room where he'd see Tsunade, Nawaki and Kaiyu all crying softly; the three were huddled together, holding each other. Sakichi decided to join in, not saying a word he wrapped his arms around Kaiyu and Tsunade and hugged them close. Nawaki held onto Tsunade leg, crying into her pants. "I'm going to make some tea, if anyone would like some." Sakichi broke the silence after a few moments of them all holding each other. Kaiyu pulling away and wiping his tears with a nod.