Lady Mito's Funeral

"Want to go get some lunch with me, Senju?" Hiro offered after Madara had dismissed himself from the team. "Sure. I missed out on breakfast this morning so I'm starving." Sakichi admitted, "Mind if I join? I can pay." Akame butted in, giving a bright smile. Hiro shrugged his shoulders, "who am I to turn down a free meal," he joked lightly. Akame turned towards Mitsuha, "you joining us?" Mitsuha shook her head in response. "What?- You have something better to be doing?" Sakichi added in, resting his hand on his katana handle. "Yea- training." Mitsuha answered simply as if the answer should have been obvious. "We just got done training, Uchiha. A small break wouldn't hurt." Hiro tried reasoning with her, "Just because you guys are done training doesn't mean anything." Mitsuha rebuttaled, giving a bit of a feisty attitude.

"Suit yourself, I suppose." Hiro sighed, shrugging it off. "Come on, Senju." The Hyuga instructed, placing his hand on Sakichi's shoulder as he began to walk off. Sakichi stood there for a moment, looking at Mitsuha before he let off a sigh himself; stuffing his hand in his pocket and following behind Hiro. "Wait for meee." Akame would be heard behind them as she ran to catch up. The three made their way back towards the heart of the village and as they did, the chatter of people became louder. "I wonder if Mitsuha is okay.." Akame thought out loud, probably wanting Sakichis and Hiro's input on it. "Eh- I'm sure she's fine. She said she just wanted to get more training in. I don't think that's too unreasonable." Hiro shrugged it off once again. "I know.. but I can't help but to feel like she doesn't think she's strong enough." Akame explained, giving a small kick to the dirt under her feet as they walked. "If she wants to better herself then all we can do is be supportive of her." Sakichi added his thoughts on the matter as they approached the ramen shop.

The three ate, spending some time together and chatting about the village, the war and everything that has recently happened. When finished eating, Sakichi dismissed himself from the group. "I'll see yall later, I got to go home for a little bit." He gave a slight smile, waving at the two as they said their goodbyes. Sakichi made it home, stopping at the door to take off his shoes. "I'm home!" He called out, but no response. "Anyone ho-" he began as he walked through the small hallway at the front of the house; Tobirama and Hashirama were sitting on the floor, Hashirama tending to a few of Tobirama's smaller injuries. "Ohh- hey Father. You're back early.. everything okay?"

"Yea. Everything is fine. Madara offered to go out to fight so I could be at Lady Mito's funeral today." Tobirama explained. "Would you be still? I have other stuff to be doing before the funeral, brother." Hashirama suddenly butted in, an annoyed look on his face as he glared at Tobirama. "I'm trying-" Tobirama snapped back, which caused Sakichi to give a soft chuckle. "I guess sibling bickering never stops.." he mumbled to himself and looked around at the otherwise empty house. "Where's Kai?" Sakichi breathed, sitting himself down at the small table his Father and uncle were sat at. "Over at the Uzumaki's. He should be back here soon." Tobirama responded.

An hour had passed, Hashirama having finished patching up Tobirama's few cuts and Kaiyu having made it home. The family got dressed in black clothing and headed out to the funeral. It seemed the whole village had showed up to show their support, random people apologizing for their loss and giving the family hugs. "I don't even know half these people..." Kaiyu whispered to Sakichi as they got ready to start the funeral. "I wonder if they even knew Aunt Mito like we did.." Kaiyu continued, his words laced with disgust as he glanced around the crowd. "Everyone in the village knows of Lady Mito, Kai. She was a very respected Shinobi in the village. Try and have some respect." Sakichi whispered back. "I suppose you're right... I'm sorry, Niisan." Kaiyu apologized quietly. A few moments passed and the funeral would start. One of the elders of the village starting it off with saying all that Lady Mito had done for the village and the newer generations of Shinobi to come.

After the elder finished his speech of what an amazing shinobi Lady Mito was and how she was an inspiration for everyone, a few people in the Uzumaki clan were asked to come say a few words. Only a handful of Uzumaki's came up to speak on Mito's behalf; telling stories of their time with her and how she inspired them to become stronger to protect the village. The funeral only lasted about two hours before everyone was dismissed. The Senju and Uzumaki clans stayed behind as people left, the villagers hugging them once again and apologizing for the loss. "Hey Sakichi." Akame approached him as the crowd cleared. "How you feeling?"