Epilogue

A vibrant blue color paints the morning sky, creating a vivid horizon line where it meets the cobalt blue of the sea. No clouds are hanging up above. The golden sun rays tease the white sands, prompting them to sparkle their glow, promising the delights that are yet to arrive. It is indeed a good day.

Not only because of the clear sky or the bright sun, but also because it's the wedding day.

The altar is made of branches wrapped with white roses, pale pink ribbons, and white draped fabric which sways cheerfully as the morning breeze caresses the beach. A few rows of seats are arranged to face the altar, divided by a white carpet that sprawls across the wedding venue. At the end of it, stand two persons Cobie loves dearly that her heart almost explodes just from the sight.

Luke is in his gray tuxedo, looking hot as ever. His walnut brown hair appears brighter under the glowing sun. A proud smile breaks across his face when he looks down at the blonde girl who is clutching his arm tightly. Rose looks like an angel in her white dress and her organza veil. Even from ten meters away, Cobie can tell how nervous her little sister is right now. Well, Rose is always one who wears her heart on her sleeves, which is a good thing.

As the two start to take slow steps heading to the altar, Cobie barely contains her emotions. Tears form in the corner of her eyes, blurring her sight. Her heart swells with pride just to see how Rose has become, and that she finally found a man who adores her and treats her with respect. Cobie wishes she could share this moment with their mom.

However, deep down, she believes their mom is here with them right now. And it's the very reason Rose chose this venue. Because this is the exact place they scattered their mom's ashes.

Once they reach the altar, Luke kisses Rose's cheeks and hands her to her groom. Without missing a glance at Cobie, he turns around and heads to his seat.

Then the ceremony begins.

The afternoon is getting wild

The afternoon is getting wild. People are dancing to the rhythm of the music, big grins on their faces and wine glasses in their hands. The waiters are strolling around to make sure everyone is served, and all dirty dishes are taken away. Kids are slumping on their seats with tummies full of snacks and lemonade, yet some are still battling with the wedding cake on their plates. It's pure bliss.

"My feet are killing me. And I can't wait to get out of this tedious dress. Gosh," Rose whines, kicking her high heels while chugging the rest of her champagne. "But I'm glad everything is going as planned! That weatherman made me so nervous with that stupid forecast, you know."

Cobie smiles. "I told you everything is going to be just fine. Even if the weather didn't allow the outdoor party, we had plan B. The forecast isn't really that reliable lately anyway. And" —Cobie tucks Rose loose hair behind her ear— "I think Mom has somehow made sure that everything goes the way you wanted it."

Hearing this, Rose leans over and hugs her sister. "Oh, Cobie. How I wish she was here."

"I'm sure she is here. We just can't see her."