rules

Participant rules will be listed first

Participant rules will be listed first. If you plan to be both, you must read all the way through. Each form will require a different password.

¹ | You must follow the awards account, smoothIikebutter, and the host, kawaiijxxn, and co-host gunugreat

¹ | You must follow the awards account, smoothIikebutter, and the host, kawaiijxxn, and co-host gunugreat. Once your book is assigned, you must permanently follow your judges as well. You are allowed to follow from a backup account. You will include that account in your form when applying.

² | Add this awards into your library and a public reading list. Any announcements concerning this awards will be posted here so please make sure to check for updates. This will be important for active checks.

³ | Post a shout-out about this awards on your message board and make sure to tag smoothIikebutter (the L in like is a capital i).

⁴ | To be a participant, your book must have at least 9 chapters. I would like for the judges to read at least 3 chapters for every round. I feel this is a fair amount in order for your book to be properly scored. If you don't have at least 9 chapters, you cannot apply. Once you do, and if there's still slots left, then you can apply. This is not including Oneshots or Short Stories.

⁵ | Oneshots must have a word count of at least 1500 words. Only a single Oneshot can be entered. If you have a book containing multiple Oneshots, you will pick one of them and apply.

⁶ | If your Short Story has less than 5 chapters but is completed, you can participate. If it's ongoing, I ask that you have at least have 3 chapters.

NOTE: Oneshots/Short Stories, unlike the other categories, will only have one round of judging, but results will be announced alongside the other categories. Judging for Oneshots/Short Stories will take place in Round 3.

⁷ | In the tags of your book, put #bsideawards. In the case that you change your username, book cover, or title, it'll be easier to find. If you do change any of the aforementioned, you must comment in the "revisions" section of the awards.