IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi, everyone, I hope you all are staying safe and doing well

This announcement is in concern of Round 3's end date. I mulled over it and decided to extend it by a week. There are a couple of reasons for this.

One, this is to give judges more time and not to rush through their reviews. Please, be detailed and give the author praise and advice as needed. This is the whole premise of these awards. This award does not have a theme (i.e. fantasy, adventurous). It's direct, straightforward. The only thing that really makes this award stand out is the promise of having participants' books thoroughly reviewed.

Second, I've received a message from an observer. Now, I don't know if there's any truth to what was said, but it's an issue that needs to be brought up in the case there is. The concern was about judges remaining impartial and unbiased in their scores and reviews. If you don't like the genre of the book you're judging, your review and scores should not be affected by it. You judge based on the criteria, not by opinion.

I did look into this myself and have noticed some judges are more opinionated than others. I ask you to refrain from doing so. You need to judge each book with fairness.

I cannot stress this enough. Not judging fairly will lead books that should qualify to move on to get eliminated.

Third, I've noticed that a few judges/participants do not read through the announcements. These announcements contain important information concerning these awards, and not reading them is disrespectful. The announcements are never long, so please, read through them.

The fourth reason is more personal so I will not get into it.

With that being said, Round 3 will end August 31 at 12 A.M. EST. Judge and review accordingly.

If you've read this far, please comment your bias in BTS.

Thank you, and see you in the next active check.