IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT + active check

Hi, everyone, I hope you've been doing well

Hi, everyone, I hope you've been doing well. That you've been staying hydrated, staying fed, and staying safe.

There is something I need to discuss with you all. I feel it's something I need to bring up because it affects the awards. And, it's happened a few times now, whether I've been informed or straight up ignored.

For future references, as in those who would like to join any upcoming awards on this community account (or any awards really), if you know you're going to be having a busy schedule, prior to the awards even starting, and know it will conflict with the awards schedule, please do not sign up to be a judge and take on that responsibility.

Because later on when you don't respond to my messages informing of rules and responsibilities not met, or I receive messages that you can no longer judge your books, it puts me and the other judges in a predicament and inconveniences our schedules.

Emergencies and sudden circumstances are understandable. We can work something out. Because life can take sharp turns when we least expect it.

But, for example, when you've informed me beforehand that you're going to have so-and-so coming up during the awards, and we come to an agreement that you'll judge less books than the intended amount, I hold you to your word. I believe you when you say that you'll be able to judge these books amidst your busyness.

Or, another example, you ignore me entirely. Give me nothing to work with, though you've been accepted as a judge and have participants following you, and book assignments have been sent out. This is truly the worst. Thinking you have someone to rely on when you actually don't.

So, please think ahead and plan accordingly. Don't do either of those things, especially the latter as it's just rude.

With that being said, some books will not be getting a second review for Round 2. I apologize and promise to work harder and better.

For Round 2, books will be eliminated to the Top 5 for each category, so please keep this in mind. I have to adjust due to the amount of judges still helping in the awards.

For the judges that are doing their part and have done their part in Round 1 (even those who are no longer judging), I can't thank you enough or tell you how grateful I am that you've taken the time out of your day to judge your assigned books.

And to the judge who's taken up to judging more books than they had planned, thank you a ton.

I will repay you, as well as the other judges, for going out of your way to help me even when you don't need to. Thank you so, so much. I will not be able to say this enough, because I truly mean it.

Round 2 will end in 5 days. Exactly 5 days. You don't turn your forms in on time, I will not be giving extra days to do so. You either turn them in or you don't.

If you have any issues, PM me. Something comes up, PM me. Absolutely anything, you can reach out to me through messages on here, or Discord if you have it. I will always try to work with you and figure things out. I'm just going to be more strict, because I will no longer be complacent.

Thank you.

Now, on to the active check.

Participants inline comment here.

Judges inline comment here.

Any other questions or concerns, inline comment here.