Prolouge

"(YN) come inside now!" You heard your mother call you. You had been staring in wonder at black snow falling from the sky. Then you ran to your igloo home only to see fire nation soldiers marching inside. You ran under their feet into the house.
"Mommy?" You asked her your eyes going wide.
"Its okay (YN), go find your father." Your mother coaxed. Instead of leaving you plopped down onto the ground. You knew your best friend Katara would be looking for you soon. Yet you sat still.
"No. Iroh wouldn't want this now would he? He changed and you should too." You said sassily. Iroh changed after his son died but he became peaceful and a sweet old man that's why he is your favorite fire bender.
"Little girl go find your father." One soldier snapped pointing at the door.
"How about you tell me what your looking for and then I leave?" You bargained. The soldiers looked at each other concentrated.
"We are looking for the last water bender and a person who is like a bridge between elements." The female soldier said sweetly. You shook her hand and stomped out running for the battlefield for your big brother and Father. You watched in horror though as a group of fire benders circled them in flames making the circle smaller and smaller but taller and hotter. Soon the were engulfed in flames. You screamed in greif. All the fire benders looked at you then you were dragged into a snow drift. You looked up at our small den that had been dug and saw Katara and Sokka. Katara had been crying and Sokka too. You realized their family didn't make it either. We all stayed huddled for warmth trying to keep our sobs quiet. That was till a firebender fell into our den. You freaked and froze his foot in place.
"The waterbender is here!" He shouted you began to panic as they yanked you from your icey shelter. You used some water from the ocean nearby and turned it into a ball of ice. You dropped it into your hands slamming it onto the soldiers head. When you looked around you were surrounded by fire nation soldiers.
"Come peacefully child. You can live as a servant for the prince and princess. Just come willingly." The female soldier from before coaxed. You commanded water to become my armor. You were a six year old how much damage could you honestly do? As one soldier bended at you you made an icey wall to protect yourself. But a soldier picked you up and handcuffed you. You let out a scream for your mother as they loaded you onto the ship.  The covered your mouth and you bit and spit and licked the poor soldiers hand. You sat below deck shaking and swaying with the movement of the ocean. Wait, the ocean! You thought and began to make the waves rocky and tall. You were the only prisoner on the ship. The wood began to creak and break.
You heard one snap and you formed a water bubble around you so you could go under water and hide. You heard guards object and you were so distracted you didn't see the huge wood plank snap towards you and your bubble broke and you were slammed to another wall. Then you were knocked unconscious. That's how you became Azula's new servant.