How bad is eavesdropping really? |chapter 18

~~~

«𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜»
«𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐»

𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍✓ (only cuz I'm tired)

~~~~

as the three of them walked into the store, Marinette pulled tim by the arm, navigating her way through the different shelves and customers, Tim, smiling while giving her directions as to where the manga section was.  Damian picked up his speed keeping up with the pair. finally, the three of them stopped as marinette let go of tim's arm. "wow, there's such a big selection." she marveled at the shelves full of mangas. she quickly started scanning through the different piles. Damian walked besides her, taking a look at the different options, while tim stopped to look at the 'berserk' series. "perfect" she pulled out the first volume, facing damian. 

damian stared at the manga cover for an instant. it was common knowledge that the protagonist changed every season, but who the fuck was that guy. "great another one with green lips." he rolled his eyes, smiling slightly. Marinette huffed at his comment. "don't you dare disrespect gyro like that. anyways, do you want to get the whole series in one go, or do you want to get it in quarters to see if you like it or not. even though i can already say you're gonna love it, simply 'cause it's jojo's" 

damian scoffed loudly as he waked closer to marinette bending down lightly to look at the volume in her hand. marinette felt as his face got closer to hers. she wanted to move away from him.  she didn't know why, but it felt wrong being this close to him, as well as uncomfortable. "what would you recommend?" she awkwardly laughed taking the opportunity to get away from him. "i would recommend getting it in quarters, even though part 7 is one of my favorites, that doesn't necessarily mean it would also be yours." 

he took the manga from her hand as she reached forward, insinuating for him to hold onto it. "i'll do that then." she hummed, nodding her head, turning back to look at the shelf. "then i'll pick out the first 6 volumes, could you get a cart please." she motioned backwards towards the carts. Damian reluctantly got one. she placed the volumes in the cart before they made their way towards Tim. "what are you getting?" Tim looked up for the book in his hand at marinettes voice. "ah, just some rent a girlfriend. what are you getting?" he directed his eyes at the cart she was holding. "oh Damian mentioned that he hadn't read the part 7 mangas yet so i'm getting those for him."   

"ah, i see" he nod his head, "is it fine if i use the cart?" marinette nodded her head, extending her arm to allow tim to place the books. Damian took not on how she seemed to have very strong arms, by no means were the books light, and she didn't seem to struggle at all doing so. "oh-" her eyes widened as she brought the cart closer to her chest. "is it fine if you look after the cart for a moment, there was another book i wanted to get." Tim took the cart from her hand, she mumbled a quick thank you before walking off. Damian knew he should've walked away right that instant. he himself wasnt sure why he hadn't, why had he stayed with tim. 

"so what's your deal?" Tim finally asked, placing the cart on the floor as he turned to look back the the shelf. "and what exactly are you insinuating Timothy?" he placed another book in the cart, swapping it out with another. "You know what i'm talking about, what's your deal with Mari?" damian huffed "Nothing, she's just this girl in my class, which brings me to another point, how do you know her? what were you even doing with her?"

Tim turned around, facing Damian this time. "Just this girl in my class my ass, Damian, neither of us are idiots, so don't you dare treat me like a fool, you know how i know her, and you also know her from before, isn't that right 'Rin'?" damian tsked, looking off to the side.  "doesn't explain what you were doing with her?" tim picked up the cart, walking forward slightly as he started to examine the shelves once again. "and you still haven't answer my question."