A promise to listen?

I am so sorry how long this has taken, I was working a tonne now i'm back at uni and trying to settle in it chaotic with covid around and super scary!!

I hope everyone's all safe

Enjoy this part and please comment etc thank you!!! 

Sean's POV (starts during the months of Damien and Cass):

There are two children. They are very confusing, conflicting almost.

The first the small girl, seven, as far as we can estimate, silent as a mouse, and just about as nervous. So malnourished that she didn't wake up for a few days as we simply did everything to bolster her immune system and nutrient levels, from impossibly low to just dangerously low.

Terrified of every single person that walks by or comes close, yet she hides every single flinch as though they don't freak her out to the point of panic. It's far to easy to see that some kind of physical abuse has... been inflicted on almost every part of her, the bruises and scars she was brought in with give that clear evidence. It's the mental side that is harder to see, mainly because she hides it so well. Which in turn is another sign, one that she is so conditioned that she can't show fear. It probably resulted in more punishment for her, but it has to have happened for so, so long for it to be that natural. So long that it could have been her whole life, that it's highly likely that it has been for her whole life up to this point.

I can see that she is trying to learn the rules, that in this case don't fully exist, so she doesn't understand. No one can really give me a clear answer of how she got here. And with her having arrive the day before I got back, I can't confirm anything.

The stories vary, from someone pulling up in a fancy sports car and dropping her off, (the colour of that car even varies from red to black) to someone swinging in though one of the office windows in a skin-tight black and purple body suit (holding the child). Yes, the supposed window is broken, but the person who told me that was running on, I predict, less than three hours of sleep and a ton of coffee. There is also a tree branch in the same office, due to the wind that night, so I don't exactly trust the source. There is also a crazy rumour involving a bear and lion, I think this was one of the new nurses having a joke though. I really don't want to have to put anyone on probation for suspected hallucinogenic drug use.

Waking up in a hospital is always scary, I should know, having done so myself not that long before she was brought in. I'm still in a sling and my side is a mass of scar tissue that will never disappear completely, and likely hardly reduce any more than it already has. You can see where the stiches changed, Sang's -beautifully neat, that area has hardly scared, yet when my idiot team leaders pushed her away the flow was utterly disrupted. I don't want to blame them, but Axel and Owen are mostly the reason the scaring is quite so bad and will never fully heal.

Thinking about the scars just leads me back to Sang. To her stunning green eyes. To the soft blonde hair that framed her face as she hovered over me, the curtain that gave us our own world, just for those few minutes. The shape of her as I got that phone from her pocket. The love in her eyes as she stared at North and Luke, the love that Kayli has never looked at any of us with. The love that I want so much. The way she fought through her fear, even if it didn't work. The devastation on her beautiful face as she watched Axel drag Luke out with a gun to his head. The beauty that I'm sure is more than skin deep, unlike Kayli.

I don't remember anything after the gun. Not until I woke up in the 'Academy only' wing of the hospital. With Dr. Roberts worriedly watching over me.

The boy arrived oddly as well. Appearing on the only day I had off work in that two-week period (I was only off because I was having a check-up at the physio), he was just there when I came back, all the paperwork filled in, but absolutely no explanation of where he came from. Everybody thought that someone else had brought him in, to the point I was running round in circles trying to find out where he came from. Everyone said someone else, in circles. Too much effort in the end with my injuries still causing issues. He wouldn't tell us either, he barely talks more than the girl, Cass I guess we should call her now, as of a few weeks ago they are Cass and Damien. Literally taken from the Batman stories, though I am ashamed to say it took me a few days to get the reference (despite the fact that I love those comics).