Nightmare ❎

You sat in the music room on the floor back against the couch listening to Taylor's new songs feeling like you were in an entirely different world smiling widely when the song Taylor wrote for you played on repeat.

Lover was a beautiful album but the song dedicated to you made your cold heart melt. Your hands tapped to the addictive beat smiling with eyes closed and you swayed to the side your head tilted. You were mumbling the lyrics without realising it.

When you felt a hand on your leg you gasped as your eyes shot open. Your face fell when you saw Taylor's face. "Babe?" You asked removing the headphones placing them down next to you.

"You're here?" Taylor was in front of you on her knees her lips quivering while she drew circles on your thigh around the cats on your matching PJs. "Yeah, I'm here." You said holding your arms open tugging the singer into your arms.

"I thought you left," Taylor whispered wrapping herself around you like a koala bear. "No baby, I wouldn't leave without you." You whispered rubbing circles on her back with the one hand while the other stroked her messy bed hair.

"Why would you ask that?"

"I don't know. I just..." She grew quiet sniffling more.

"Tay talk to me." You said leaning back to look at her beautiful face. "I had a bad dream," Taylor mumbled staring at you.

"About?" You asked softly seeing how it upset her. "You left me... For someone else." Taylor's eyes started to water again.

"No, don't worry about that. I'm not going anywhere with anyone that's not you." You cupped her cheek placing a kiss on her nose.

"I couldn't find better than you in any lifetime." You said making Taylor smile but it didn't reach her eyes.

"Wanna sit here with me?" You asked and Taylor hummed hiding her face in your neck. "I'm listening to the song you wrote me." You said making Taylor smile. "Really?" She asked sounding sleepy but she was fighting it with everything she could.

"Yeah. It's my favourite, I already made the recording you sent me my ringtone." You said making Taylor giggle.

Taylor knew you hated changing your ringtone because you forget too easily and then don't recognize it. Something about it made her happy, you didn't like change but you always seemed willing to change for her without hesitation.

"You changed your ringtone?" Taylor asked focusing on your breathing and your hand that slipped under her shirt rubbing her back in an effort to comfort her. "Well, it's my ringtone for when you call me." You said resting your chin on Taylor's shoulder.

"You're the only one with a special ringtone." You said smiling when you felt Taylor smiling against your skin. "Just like me?" Taylor asked inhaling your scent.

"Yeah, I just think mine's better." You teased making Taylor lean back a bit to look at you. "Babe you singing clean is better," Taylor said making you shake her head.

"No. My ringtone is better because it's your voice." You said raising your eyebrow with a smug look on your face. "True you're not a pop star but I still think your voice is beautiful," Taylor said making you blush.

"I sound like a dying whale." Taylor giggled with you as she rested her forehead against yours. "I've told you before it's not that bad. I like it, it's not perfect but it's real." Taylor said staring into your eyes that lived rent-free in her mind.

"Okay, okay, agree to disagree." You knew you two could go on all night if you didn't agree with each other. "Agree to disagree." Taylor hummed closing her eyes appreciating how you held her close.

"I at least think I just changed your ringtone. I haven't had a chance to test it." You thought aloud making Taylor chuckle. "You're really bad at technology." Taylor teased. "I am yes."

"When you're up to it we can test my ringtone for you." You asked and Taylor hummed keeping her face hidden in your neck.

"I don't wanna go yet," Taylor whispered wrapping herself tighter around you. "That's okay. We don't have to." You assured her placing another kiss on her shoulder.

When your legs started to get numb you groaned pushing yourself away from the couch waking Taylor.

"Baby, my butt is dead." You said making Taylor frown. "What?" She whispered with a groggy voice.

"Nothing let's go to bed." You said waiting for Taylor to let go but she didn't.

"Um... Tay?" You raised a brow at Taylor still clinging to you. "Yes?" She whispered but didn't move.

"You're not gonna move are you?" You asked to which Taylor answered by shaking her head. "Okay." You started the challenge to get up finally succeeding.

With an amused smile, you lifted Taylor then hooked your hands together under her thighs to support her. Walking to bed you tried to put Taylor down but she refused to let go.

With an amused chuckle, you opened the covers sitting on the bed grabbing the covers and pulling them over you and Taylor. Taylor didn't let go staying close to you at all times.

"Goodnight Tay. I love you." You pressed a lingering kiss to her head. "I love you too so much," Taylor mumbled into her neck.

When it was time to get up you found Taylor still clinging to you. "Baby." You woke Taylor who sat up a bit to look into your eyes.

"We need to get up." You said but she shook her head. "No, please stay with me," Taylor mumbled into your neck.

"Okay how about we brush teeth then eat the leftovers." You said and she nodded her head. You sat upright walking downstairs heating up the food standing against the counter trapped in Taylor's embrace but you didn't mind.

When you were done you both stayed like that eating your food. You headed back upstairs still holding Taylor.

You put Taylor on the counter reaching behind her for your toothbrushes. "Okay." You handed Taylor hers. Again you stood trapped in Taylor's hold while you brushed your teeth deciding on returning to bed.

Taylor didn't let go once and that's how you spent your weekend. You were calm and understanding the whole time not getting annoyed by Taylor, a full-grown woman who acted more like a child than most four-year-olds do.