◒THE BIG DEEP◒

"I don't think this is the right time to be doing this, Cassi..."

What was that just now? I turned around pointing my wand at the voice but I was left there unable to move. I hate this...

There was not a single human in sight, the only thing I could see was a small blinking light moving toward the night sky. I thought to myself.

Where is he? I am certain I heard his voice... Oh well, I don't care, the only thing I want to bore my brain with right now is my goal. I started moving my legs at a steady pace, trying my best not to stumble and fall on top of the shards of glass. The whole area smelled like a combination of sulfur and mint. I never smelled something so peculiar before, not even when my father was showing me how to create old potions and magic brews out of the most interesting ingredients.

I never, not even once, thought that I would be witnessing such a beautiful setting, I was so happy to be in the presence of such wonder... But that smell! Oh, Great Witches! It is the worst smell in the entire world, I would bet my gold arrowheads on it! I tried so hard not to faint from that awful scent, moving towards the end of the Deep, I saw the start of The Great Lake.

You could clearly see the glistening waters from very far, but I was so preoccupied that I barely noticed it. Ahhh... I don't want to get wet now, it is still nighttime and I haven't had the luxury to pack more clothes with me... I need to wait for a few hours. my mind reminded me. I could go in right now if it was not freezing. If I did not know any better I would think a Winter Dragon lived near this place.

Holding my wand between my index and middle finger still, I made my way to the nearest rock. Getting closer I was met with something odd. This rock had a red hue to it, even though it was not warm to the touch, in fact, it felt rather cold. This puzzled me enough to the point I started checking my notes the moment I sat next to it. Nothing came up while reading from my notepad, only questions, and a sneaking suspicion. With that in mind, I waved my wand and uttered softly: "Clarification spell. Initiated." After a few seconds, the rock began melting in front of my very eyes. I barely had the time to move my things away so they would not get tampered with.

"What in the white magic is this weird substance?" I almost screamed but I tried holding my voice as much as I could.

After searching through my things for a while I managed to find a small, empty vile. Thank The Witches I brought this with me, I usually forget to put these things in my bag. Carefully and almost holding my breath, I gathered a small portion of whatever substance this liquid was. I labeled it 'RED AND SMELLY' since it had a similar odor to the entire area of the Deep.

"Amazing! Now I need to find another resting area for me and Jinx... Where should we lay our wonderful and exhausted souls, Jinx? Aghh sometimes I wish you had a voice so you could answer me! I feel like I am talking to myself!"

"Which, in all honesty, you are!"

THAT VOICE. No, no, he was gone, I thought he left me alone! I screamed inside my head.

I could not believe he followed me here, I was trying not to look in his direction, I was, weirdly enough, certain he would make fun of my angry face. So I laid down and put my hands on top of my eyes, pretending to be resting, and said:

"So now you are following me? I was right to call you out on your creepiness before. You, sir, are weird!" I scoffed and tried not to move.

"Me? Following you? No, no, you, my friend, are wrong. I am following the Great Winter Dragon. Not your uninteresting self!"

I did not answer at first, I was so taken aback by what I heard that my mouth felt dry and it seemed like I could not use my vocal cords to speak. It took me almost a minute to respond and as I was opening my eyes to adjust myself and sit up, I saw him sitting next to me.