✠︎ The White Dragon ✠︎ [Road to the Cave]

Wheat left the sight looking calm and unbothered but nothing could be further from the truth. His brain was pounding in his skull and his eyes got bright and yellower than any other time he got irritated by something. He knew in his dark heart he hated both of them, mostly Pyr because he always questioned him. Granted, he was right, Wheat is a very evil creature, trying his best to kill Cassandra. But still, nothing made him angrier than having other people see through him.

He was so used to doing things his way and others kneeling in front of him without hesitation. He thought trying to act calm, collected, and even charming would give him the upper hand but he understood Cassandra was aware people were after her. So even if he was the best human she met, she would always keep an eye out for Wheat to slip and act according to his true character.

He walked a lot, he scoffed, kicked rocks and he punched every single tree that was in his way but nothing could calm him down. He was angry with himself first and foremost, but he was angrier because of Pyr. It took him time and effort to track Cassandra down and Pyr was that one obstacle on his way to the top. His thinking of Cassandra's blood and how he would be able to drink it once he killed her made him antsy and he felt like he was losing his way.

He knew he had to find Rax and be away from these two for a while. In a way, reclaiming control would help him eliminate further mistakes just like the tarot card incident. Saying yes to a reading by a creature made of Dragonfire was a big mistake, he barely made Pyr not able to read his spread. Wheat was so thankful for the training he had undergone when he was a young soldier. His master decided to teach him how to avoid magical readings and use the cards to his advantage without others noticing.

Wheat was so uninterested in the idea at first, he always disliked anything magical and he never saw the reason for a vampire of his status to learn such empty things. What he couldn't take with his words he would take with his fangs, nothing else made sense to him. He grew up being a feared killer so avoiding magic by using magic was a very far-fetched concept in his opinion.

"Guess that silly master of mine was right, after all, this thing worked...?" he said softly to himself and took his flute from the back of his belt.

He stroked the instrument with his fingers while also holding it rather tightly with his other hand. "Who would have thought I would be so good at playing with this toy... At least it didn't let me down.!" he exclaimed and stopped in front of a big white rock where his pet crow was standing, waiting for him.

"The young and extremely good-looking master returns! What a sight for sore eyes you are, Wheat!" his pet said and flapped around his hand before landing on top of the big rock again.

"I have a feeling you're talking about yourself. Where were you all this time? I thought you would stick around that pond, you know how much I hate searching for you!" he said while flipping one piece of his golden hair back. "The pet should search for the master and not the other way around!" he continued while frowning his eyebrows.

"I am the one that has wings, though. It is more difficult for me to stay in place and your Highness knows that very well!" Rax said in a joking way.

"Yes, the one who has the wings needs to find the one who has none. You just fell into your trap, you fool!" Wheat chuckled and gave a soft pat to Rax's beautiful feathers.

"You look angry even though you are laughing. Are you that angry at me for leaving you alone?"

"It's not you... It's these two stupid kids that are making me lose my head, Especially that brat, Pyr. I hate him with all my power!" Wheat answered before Rax could say anything else. "I can't stand his irritating personality, I can't even think properly when he's around." he continued.