✠︎ The White Dragon ✠︎ [Cathal]

Red. So many shades of red floating around me, and the smell of iron permeated the air. Was I hungry again?

Wheat opened his eyes and looked around him, the dizziness had made him a bit weaker than usual. After all, this climate was not doing his skin, deposition, or his essence as a vampire any favors at all. He would put up with hunger, the cold, and anything that would try to weaken him if that meant he would be able to have a definite grasp on Cassandra and her delicious magic-filled blood.

But this time he had gone without a sip of blood for longer than he ever thought he could. This didn't mean he would die, but he despised feeling the weakness engulf him whenever he reached that thin line of ravenousness. His ears would ring, and his hands would stiffen which would mean only one thing. He would not be able to continue his tracking properly, he would have to ask for help. Something he hated even more than that witch and the useless mut she dragged around with her.

"Is this where you'll resort to just so you can get the praise of that foul man you call your boss? Wheat you look awful"

Rax was always upfront and never feared the wrath of his master, not entirely that is. He knew Wheat had a soft spot for him and vice versa. It was his state that made Rax speak out of line, whenever Wheat would skip a meal or overwork himself, Rax would remind him who he was and why it was essential for him to take care of himself, no matter the job he had to do or the creatures he had to kill.

"I seek no praise from mere humans, you're well aware of this, Rax. I only seek to put an end to this misery called Kynthia Cassia Nevil!"

"Oh, feathers of my ancestors, what are you middle naming her for? And, how come you know her middle name as well, now that I think about it, this is the first time you refer to her by her given name."

"I am angry at the situation, I guess that is why I use her name like that. And to fully answer that perfectly put question of yours, I knew since I was hired by Price. He gave me a list of things regarding her father, mother, and Cassandra too."

"That girl has so many names, who even is she? Ah... No matter, she is not important right now. We have to find a way to feed you because I am afraid you will have to remedy your situation by sucking my blood. And I would hate for us to reach this predicament."

Wheat instantly looked at Rax angrily, not because there was ever a possibility he could do that to his pet but because Rax was somewhat speaking the truth. Wheat's livelihood was of the utmost importance now but he didn't want to admit that he was feeling so weak, not in front of him at least. But the fact remained, he needed to feed, he had to. In his mind, the only choice was to go back down to the nearest Ichorian outpost and get supplied there but that would put him back a few days, he would then have created an unwanted distance for him and the witch.

"You're thinking of leaving me in this cold because I said that, aren't you? That face of yours is scaring me but it also makes me want to laugh as loud as I can, I have never seen you think this hard, what do you have in your mind, Wheat?"

"Rax, I think it is better to go back down the mountain and reach the Silver Bunker. They would have the supplies we need to help me regain my strength."

"No, we are not doing that, not even if you dunked me in boiling water and plucked my wings off of my body!"

"And what do suggest then? Wait for my demise here? Or ask the creatures of the mountains to help us instead? You should know they do not take kindly to my kind and for a good reason!"