✠︎ The White Dragon ✠︎ [Working Together]

Our home for the night looked cozy and big enough to fit two people in it. I secretly hoped it wouldn't be a home for insects too, I hated them so much. I looked inside with my wand and signaled Pyr to come and leave his things once everything seemed ok. He kneeled in the center of the cave and took Flow out of his satchel. He did that every time we found a temporary place to stay for the night, a cleansing for good sleep, that's what he called it.

Weirdly enough, I felt safe and protected when he did that. I always thought two magical shields are better than one and to be fair his deck was leveled recently. My wand was a bit behind since I couldn't continue my practice. The urge to use the grimoire and search for a spell to level Jinx too was becoming unbearable whenever I saw how beautiful Pyr's deck looked.

I would always forget how difficult this book was to even open let alone read and recreate any spell that may be laying in there. I had to remind myself I needed to first unearth the Crystal to release this book's powers and hidden knowledge.

But even if I could use the grimoire, it would automatically mean I would bring those people who looked for it straight to me. I was always hesitant to even take it out of my bag in case anyone was watching. Let alone use it. This thought went away as quickly as it came into my mind and I turned my attention to making a small broom out of branches to tidy up the sleeping grounds a bit.

Pyr was already outside gathering wood for us to light a small fire in the center of the cave. At first, I thought to myself that lighting a fire would make us a target but the climate here was so cold and we wouldn't be able to stay warm any other way. Even though this was the case I wanted to use a spell for protection in case something happened during the night but I would have to wait for Pyr to come back first.

"Oof, these trees were so stubborn! I never had to make such small talk with the wood nymphs to get some branches for the fire!" Pyr said after entering the cave.

"Small talk? Excuse me but why would you talk to the trees? You could just get the wood that lays on the ground?!" I answered.

"True. But all the wood that was on the ground looked small and frozen. Not enough to make a big hearth for this cave. I had to ask them." He said and he placed the pieces of wood near the place I was resting. "Cassi, can you cut these with your wand? I don't want to create more sound by chopping wood during the night." He continued.

He was very right about that, I did not want to make any unnecessary sound either. I had no idea who would be following us or living around these parts so it was best for us to be as quiet as possible.

"Yes, I will make sure to cut them but first I would like you to help me with a protection spell. If you are up for it." I informed Pyr who was placing his bag on the ground as a pillow.

"Of course, I don't mind helping you but... You are a witch, why are you suddenly asking me for help? You would do this yourself before..." He scratched his head and looked at me kind of confused.

It is a fact that I would never ask him for help when it came to protection spells or anything of the sort. But this place was unfamiliar to me, the air felt very different and I was on edge from the moment we got settled in the cave. I had to ask for help, especially when he had a powerful deck in his possession.

"Well, I am a witch, yes. And I am very well trained but you were the one who said you know these parts of the world better, didn't you? So helping me shows your knowledge and your worth. Don't you think?" I said, smirking at him.

"Yes, that is very smart of you to say. Are you worried, perhaps?" He somehow managed to mumble the last part about me being worried. This kid! I wanted to be angry at him but he made me laugh.