✠︎ The White Dragon✠︎ [A Touch of Fate]

"Enough with the storytelling, I don't trust a single word you just said and I hope Cassi doesn't either!" Pyr almost screamed at both Wheat and me, visibly irritated.

"As far as my senses let me, I can tell when someone believes me or not. Cassi is a big girl, don't you think Mr. Know It All? She can judge a man's character well enough."  Wheat reciprocated while looking at me.

His eyes were fixed on Pyr but it was like he was looking through him, like Pyr was made out of glass. It made it clear in my mind that Wheat had disregarded Pyr's existence the moment he saw him.

"I never said Cassi had no ability to judge someone's character. I am simply trying to..."

I was so taken aback by that weird discussion that was happening in front of me, it made me so curious as to why these two men acted like they knew me and tried so hard to speak for me. I had to put them both in their place, I did not like the position they put me in so I cut Pyr off and spoke to both of them like I used to do to my pets.

"You both act like we are cousins or something. I don't think either of you knows me at all, so if you can don't act like this is a contest, 'cause it is not." I said softly and turned my head over to Wheat.

"Mr. Wheat, we barely know each other's names, even if you are the best witch on the entire planet you can't judge my character that quickly. And Pyr, we have been traveling together for a few days but that doesn't mean you can speak for me, either." I continued and started pacing back and forth.

To an outsider, this gathering looked like a weird reunion of people who did not want to be there. All three of us were looking at each other awkwardly and did not know what to say after the happenings of our first encounter. There was this energy in the air that I could not fully fathom no matter how hard I tried but I understood how it was slowly changing me.

Wheat was the only one who looked like he enjoyed this bander, he did not smile nor was he angry like before. He was just slightly smirking, occasionally flipping his long hair away from his face.

"So, Mr. Wheat, riddle me this. Why such a strapping young lord like yourself is doing a tedious job like this one? Shouldn't you be resting in a grand palace, waiting for your servants to tend to your every need? Huh?" Pyr decided to break the silence with a question I also had on my mind for a while.

"Seems to me like you are a very wealthy, highly trained witch. Why spend your days around miserable and sad people, when you can have everything laid at your feet?" he continued while he came closer to Wheat.

Wheat didn't even try to take a step back to avoid Pyr. He stood firmly in the same place he was before, looking at Pyr with a calm yet judgy look. His hands were previously crossed on his chest but he decided to move his right one closer to his head, slightly tapping it to signify a thinking gesture.

"Use this, boy. I already stated the reason I am here. I am a caretaker of shorts, I am called by these waters the same way these sad people are." he tapped his temple three times and continued without losing eye contact with Pyr.

"Unlike you, I am a gentle soul, I feel emotions you two would never want to experience. This is my way of using those emotions to my advantage and I can also help other people. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?"

"Unlike me? What is wrong with me this time?" Pyr looked offended and I could understand why. This Wheat guy made so many assumptions from the moment he met us, he never stopped assuming our relationship and our characters.

"Look at you, boy! You are clearly a descendant of the savage lands, one of the traveling merchants bringing spices to the world. How can your lineage be compared to mine? No need to answer, it simply can't." Wheat said confidently.