Fight Me

In this story, Naki is a patient in a hospital (in Australia)

In this story, Naki is a patient in a hospital (in Australia). I'm too lazy to come up with a logical reason as to why she was there, but think of her as a regular patient who needs to be monitored closely due to some sort of disease. I don't even know if there's a realistic condition like the one I made up for her, but I guess it's kinda like Dr. Strange cause her left hand continuously trembles and has very, very little control. Keep in mind that it can be fatal, but she gets past it at one point, though it isn't shown in this story. I may write a part two for this one, though. Anyway, in the hospital that Naki is at, Felix works as a nurse. Naki's usual nurse changes her shift, so Felix is changed to that nurse's position and is in charge of Naki.

This is a Nakilix AU.

Minaki slowly ran her hands under the running water, rinsing off the foamy white soap. She turned off the faucet with her right hand and reached out to get the towel with her left one, but she missed and caught her wrist, a glare in her eyes. She stared at her crippled, shaking hand and curled fingers. It looked completely fine at first glance, but it was uncontrollably shaky and hard to use the hand.

Minaki scowled and let out a yell, slamming her right fist onto the bathroom counter. Her hand hadn't been as bad previously; just a random spasm of shakiness and uncontrollability (is that even a word?). But now, the continuous trembling of her left hand had started about a week ago, four months after the spasms started and two months after she was hospitalized for her disease.

Grumbling angrily and questioning why she ended up with this condition, Minaki stormed back to her hospital bed, snatched her hand brace thing from the side table, and fastened it hastily before diving into her bed and making herself a nest of blankets and pillows. She watched her hand as the trembling slowed and gently flexed her fingers.

Suddenly, Minaki heard a knock on the door and let out a loud, childish groan. The door creaked open.

"Hey," she heard a voice say.

Normally, a kind middle-aged nurse named Zora would've come in to check her vitals. After the many conversations Minaki had with Zora, she could immediately recognize her kind, motherly voice.

Instead, this person's voice was very masculine. They had a deep, smooth voice, that was somehow still extremely comforting and gentle.

After analyzing this, Minaki let out another groan.

The person, most likely a man, chuckled slightly. "Um, my name's Felix, and I'm your new nurse. The old one's shift changed, so here I am. I'm supposed to take your vitals, so if you could come out, that would be great."

Minaki scowled from inside her nest. "Fight me."

Another laugh came from the man. Minaki heard footsteps, and after a moment, the blanket was removed from her head.