Meeting Seungmin

"The feelings got lost in my lungs,They're burning, I'd rather be numb,And there's no one else to blame

They're burning, I'd rather be numb,
And there's no one else to blame...
So scared, I take off, and I run

I'm flying too close to the sun

And I burst into flames!
You make me glow...
But I cover up, won't let it show...
So I'm putting my defenses up,

'Cause I don't wanna fall in love,
If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack!"

Minaki heard a sudden gasp and spun around quickly, seeing someone standing in the doorway of the practice room. She had become so immersed in hitting the correct notes, staying on beat, that she hadn't noticed them come in.

"You actually hit the high note!" the boy half-gushed. "You hit the first high note at the flames part, and I thought you couldn't go higher, but then you did! Wow, how old are you?"

"Who are you?" Minaki asked quickly, her words coming out more snappy than they were supposed to.

The boy tilted his head slightly, which made Minaki notice how much his smile made him look like a puppy. "Kim Seungmin. You're Hwang Minaki, right?" Minaki nodded. "Jeongin told me about you. He said you're a great vocalist and an even better dancer, and even though I've never seen you dance, I get what he meant about the vocalist part."

Before Seungmin could continue, Minaki quickly asked, "No offense, but why are you here?"

Seungmin's smile didn't waver. "I came here to practice, of course. Why are you here?"

"Same reason."

There was an awkward silence, and Minaki could practically hear the crows cawing in the background.

"So..." she began, trying to take away the weird feeling. "What year were you born?"

"2000," Seungmin answered. Minaki's jaw dropped. "I'm older than you?" He got a nod in response, at which he laughed. "You're a literal child! Wow..."

Minaki pouted. "You just had to say that, didn't you?"

Seungmin smiled sheepishly, though he seemed to find her pout cute. "Sorry." Minaki decided not to stay mad and smiled slightly, still nervous around this new person.

"Uh... are you gonna say something?" she asked.

"I thought you would," Seungmin admitted.

"Well, I'm not."

"Oh."

"Sorry."

"No problem."

Another pause.

"I'm really sorry, it's so awkward," Seungmin apologized.

"Ah, it's no big deal," Minaki said quickly. "I can leave, I have to catch up with my dance group anyway."

That was when Minho, Yejun, and the rest of the dance group showed up right behind Seungmin, making him stumble forward. Yejun grinned.

"Hey. Bet you're here to see Naki dance," she chuckled.

"No, I actually came to-"

"Minho, put on the best one!" Yejun cried, ignoring Seungmin and cutting him off. She winked. "Now you'll see our wonderful maknae's skills."

Seungmin made a face but didn't argue as Minho played Boombayah by Blackpink. Forgetting the entire reason it was playing, Minaki grinned and got into position. In her element, she ended up dancing to the whole song and no one stopped her because they were all mesmerized by her sharp, clean movements.

When she was done, she bowed happily, bouncing on the balls of her feet. Everyone stared at her, their jaws dropped.

"I thought he was gonna put Dope..." Yejun began slowly. Then she grinned. "but that was even better than Dope!" She turned to Seungmin, who had begun to clap. "Told ya she was good."

Seungmin's eyes were wide and he nodded quickly. "Jeongin told me you were a better dancer than a vocalist. I stopped believing him when I heard you hit that note. Now..." He shook his head with a light smile on his face. "I don't know why you aren't in a group yet."

Minaki beamed at the compliment. "Thanks. I-"

"She was supposed to be in SIXTEEN, but JYP took her out cause she was twelve even though she has so much talent!" Yejun said. "But then again, she is immature." Minaki heard what Yejun said and decided that maybe she should stop arguing with Minho over the lollipop he was refusing to give her.

"Ah. So that's why she hasn't debuted."

A/N: Hi :))