Meeting Jeongin

A/N: Innie looks so cute up there ;-;

Minaki was sitting at her normal table, waiting for her friends to show up [why are most of the meetings centered around the lunchroom?]. She was just minding her own business, swinging her legs back and forth like a child, when she heard someone talking to her.

"Uh, do you mind if I sit here?" Minaki looked up to see a boy not much older than herself staring down at her. He had foxy eyes, fluffy black hair and braces. When Minaki blinked and didn't respond, he somewhat panicked. "I-I can find another spot, it's fine-"

"Oh, no, sorry," Minaki said. "You can sit here. I was just surprised, you're good." He tilted his head, confused at her English, but sat down next to her nonetheless. Minaki spent a moment looking around and realized that there weren't many empty seats. All of them were at tables with friend groups sitting and laughing with each other.

"Um, I'm Jeongin," the fox kid said, his smile making his eyes almost completely disappear. His happiness was contagious and Minaki found herself smiling back quickly.

"I'm Minaki," she replied.

"Oh, I know," Jeongin quickly said. "I heard so many people talking about you lately. I heard you joined when you were twelve [in Korean age] and were still one of the best dancers in the building."

"I wouldn't say best..." Minaki said, her voice soft and humble. Her smile didn't waver, though. "Also, thank you for saying my correct age. I actually turned twelve in international age today- I don't know what age that would be for you Koreans- but all my friends around here are fixed on the idea that I'm a five year old."

Jeongin laughed. "Same with me. It's nice to have someone younger. Happy birthday, by the way." There was a pause in the conversation while Minaki fiddled with her hands. "You aren't gonna eat?"

"Diet," Minaki replied. Jeongin rolled his eyes, beginning to offer her some of his food. "Seriously, don't. I have like four oppas and three unnies who force feed me every day without telling any of the instructors. Look, here they come now."

Just as Minaki said, her friends (meaning Minho, Chan, Hyunjin, Jisung, Lily, and Yejun) came, and the ones who weren't dieting quickly began to pass her portions of their food. Jeongin watched the scene with an expression that just made Minaki fall in love with his smile.

When everyone was done feeding their baby and had greeted Jeongin, they went back to their precious food. Jeongin leaned closer to Minaki and whispered in the younger girl's ear, saying, "I get what you meant now."

Minaki laughed quietly. "Yeah." She thought for a moment before extending her arm for a handshake. "Friends?"

Jeongin smiled and took the handshake gladly. "Friends."

Minaki grinned and went back to swinging her legs back and forth, this time paying attention to the chaotic conversations going on around her.

She, the newly-turned-twelve year old, was proud of herself. That was the smoothest new friendship she had made here.

A/N: Y'all I swear it's so hard for me to save chapters until update day but I'll just give this to you because I wanna be done with meetings and I missed a couple weeks of updates. Also... there are so many lunchroom friendships! And why is everyone giving her food? I don't understand my brain sometimes. It's way too repetitive. Now we just have two more meetings left!