Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

3rd person POV

-----{●MONDAY●}-----

"Eh? Where's Name-chan?" Genya asked. He noticed the empty seat next to him. Kanao told him she won't be attending school for a week.

~Break time~

"Any news from Name-chan?" Zenitsu asked. "She had family business to attend to..." Tanjiro felt like somethings wrong. You didn't tell him any details.

"She should've at least text us or something," Genya mumbled. "Why did she leave so suddenly?" He continued to ask. Tanjiro didn't know how to answer, all he knows that you weren't okay. During the call, you sounded so sad and tired. He was worried about you.

"About that day..."

Over at your side...

"Ne, Kumi, how's the preparation going?" Your uncle spoke through the phone. He was coming back from Europe to visit you and attend his dear brother's funeral.

"We still got to settle the price of the funeral. And a few paperwork... some moving and some things to settle with her father's ownings. I think it's best to hand everything that belongs to him to her. After all she is his daugther, unless would you like to keep some things that reminds you of your brother? I could ask he-"

"No need. She is his daugther after all. She deserves everything that belongs to him. Let her decide what she want to do. What about his body?"

"She wants cremation for her father. The director said that it costs around 310k yen. It's cheaper than the other ones and they also offered some other things..."

"How is Name holding on right now?"

"..."

"Kumi?"

"Yuji and Yuta are trying to cheer her up and keep her distracted but she kept on thinking about this and cried for hours..everytime she finished crying, her eyes looked so lifeless..."

"She isn't stable I assume... it's understandable. At least keep her company."

"When are you coming back?"

"I'm at the airport right now and I will be back by around 9:25pm. See you by then. Make sure she eats."

He then hung up the phone and deal with his costumers. Kumi then knocked on the door and opened it. She sees Yuta hugging you while you both slept soundly. Yuji sat next to you while tapping on his phone. Kumi whispered Yuji over. He got off the bed and walked towards the door.

"How is she right now?" Yuji looked at you for a few seconds and looked at his mother again. "She's mentally unstable at this point but was pretty calm about this. I'm surprised she haven't snap yet."

Kumi and Yuji chatted outside the door, not knowing you were awake. You barely slept these days. You groaned and turned your body to face your cousin. You hugged him. He felt your movements and shifted. Opening his eyes, he met yours. You just stared at him. He patted your head. "Did you get any sleep at least?" He asked. You nodded. 3 hours of sleep to be pesific but it was better than nothing.