Wednesday Morning Catastrophes

"Boss, we got a problem.", Tori said barging into my office.

Never a boring moment in my life.

I opened a single eye and looked at her from my desk where I was practicing breathing exercises.

"Did someone blow up our stores? Is there a serial killer on the staff? Wait, am I getting the Nobel Peace Prize. Well that would be a real problem. I am way too violent."

Tori looked at me with grim determination.

"I am afraid it's worse than that boss."

I sighed.

So much for the anti-stress breathing routine.

She showed me a YouTube channel which was reviewing Boss Lady Swim wear.

The blonde lifestyle blogger gave a negative review to the costume, calling it a waste of two hundred dollars.

Then Tori showed me the other videos.

Same reviews on bad quality material.

Shitty tailoring.

No breast support.

Jesus!

One girl even went so far to compare a Boss Lady bikini to Kylie Jenner's swim wear line. Oh! She did not just go there.

That was the last straw.

At boss lady, we prioritized client satisfaction over everything. We had reached so far because of our superior product quality. Word of mouth served our organic marketing purposes and we rarely had to launch advertisement campaigns. Our products spoke for themselves. Most brands ran after style but comfort was always our top priority.

"Call my manufacturers, Tori. Set up a meet at the factory. They better have answers to this.", I warned.

" Yes, boss."
__________

The car dropped me off at the manufacturing unit.

At present Boss Lady had 12 manufacturing plants with over a thousand designers who kept up the demand for the latest trends.

Daniela Hernandez, my distributor at LA shook hands with me.

She had been one of the first people to work with me.

"I received an urgent call from your assistant this morning.", she sounded confused.

" Yes, Daniela there has been a situation. I want you to show me the products of the latest spring-summer collection."

I walked towards the factory.

"Right this way, Ms. Bianchi. I have some samples in my office.", he said leading me towards the office.

The factory staff greeted me with smiles. They were not unused to see me at the factory. I was a hands on boss.

They had no doubt heard of my press meet. I was glad to be able to foster a healthy work environment at my company.

As I walked through through the floors, I was flooded with pride at everything that I had built in the past 10 years. I had started with nothing. Today, I had a monopoly on the swim wear business and had greater stakes than three of my competitors had combined.

I entered Daniela's highly cluttered office with colour samples everywhere, a menage of fabric and cloth.

She handed me the sea green bikini and sure enough, the stitching was frayed at the seams.

More than that, the fabric was too thin and almost see through. The tops had little to no breast support.

Even the sarong was nothing but a long piece of cloth, too long to actually function as a proper sarong.

"How much are my consumers paying for this?"

Jesus! They had used white thread to stitch a sea green bikini top. What the fuck were they thinking?

"200$ ma'am.", he replied.

" Let me get this straight. If women are paying 200 $ for four scraps of triangle cloths joined by threads, then it better be the best four scraps of triangle, they pay for!"

Her eyes widened.

"Yes of course, ma'am."

"This is so bad, I wouldn't even take it for free. There is absolutely no coverage on this. Are we selling this stuff to porn stars or normal women?"

"There is no wire support and I could flash someone on the beach if my cup size is not micro, which it definitely isn't. No to mention the panties. Why would people need to wear these panties? There is no material on them. These are worse than thongs.", I said in disgust.

I was tall and curvy. This bikini would be my definition of wardrobe malfunction.

How long had our stores been selling this?

"Dania, I want the production to stop immediately on this. Issue a notice to the stores to stop selling this collection."

"But Miss Bianchi, that will be a loss in millions.", she said scared.

"We'll take it. We can bear it short term but if this keeps up, then we will lose all customers. We will refund everyone who wants to exchange this piece of crap."

"Yes, Ms. Bianchi."

This was going to be another nightmare.

"Bring me the people responsible for this, Daniela. It's a 50 million dollar loss for us. A lot innocents will get fired for this otherwise."

"I can bring no one to you but myself. I was in-charge of operations here and I failed. If you want to fire anyone, fire me."

She looked me in the eye.

"This was one costly mistake but I will give you one more chance. One chance to fix the global supply chain. You are my most trusted distributor. Don't make another mistake."

She looked stunned.

Shee and I both knew that it wasn't her fault. But she was loyal to the people and I could admire that quality in her.

"Fix it."

I would find who was responsible and crush him.