Naughty mornings

I woke up wrapped in pristine softness and an intense pain in my neck. Jeez!

What time was it?

Blinking like a baby bird, I stretched and let out a yawn. My eyes fell on the clock and I almost let out a shriek.

9 a. m.?!

By 9 a. m., I was already conquering the world from my chair at the office. I didn't remember the last time, I had taken a break.

And that was when everything came crashing in. The interview, the impromptu meet up with Ethan, falling asleep in his office. I distinctly remembered falling asleep on his desk but now I was on the sofa.

Weird! He must have moved me and given me the soft blanket. I tried to move but my head and back hurt like hell.

Sleeping in the wrong position was hell on my joints. I slept on a medicated matress because of my spondelitis problem. So many hours of sitting in the same posture at the office had culminated to give rise to my condition. It was quite manageable but.... ow... fuck!

I tried to massage the kink in my neck.

Now I was late and my head, neck and back hurt.

Wonderful! Just wonderful!

Just then, Ethan steeped in looking fresh as a daisy. He had obviously showered and changed and he looked human again. His golden strands were wet and slicked back.

Okay, maybe the day was going to be good, after all.

"Good morning!", I said weakly taking the coffee from him. He had also bought me a bluberry muffin. My stomach growled in hunger and I remembered that I had missed dinner yesterday.

He glared at me.

" When was the last time you ate?"

"Lunch yesterday, I think." I said feeling guilty. I was a health freak myself. I never skipped meals or carbs. What I did for a living required me to be energetic and fit all the time. I couldn't afford to get sick.

No wonder my body was rebelling.

"You don't need to read me the Riot Act over this, trust me. Yesterday was so hectic that I forgot to eat. I was too tired on the plane. I promise I take care of myself.", I said to pacify him.

He looked at the heavens for divine inspiration.

"I pray for you. I really do.", he said dramatically.

I attacked the muffin and polished it off with the coffee in record time.

He merely watched me eat. He didn't speak to me. Was he mad at me because I had turned up here?

Uh oh. I paled a little at the thought. What if he thought I was overstepping boundaries? I mean not that we had established any. I hadn't even realized it until now.

" Hey, um... I need to apologize for turning up suddenly yesterday. You didn't have to babysit me. You could have just woken me up and sent me home.", I said, a little nervous.

"Stop right there. Yesterday was...unexpected but good unexpected. I could hardly send you home in your condition. You probably would have clawed my eyes out if I had woken you.", he joked.

I blew out a breath. Sheesh! Crisis averted.

"So, we're cool?", I asked needing to confirm just one more time.

" Yeah, we are.", he replied humoring me.

"So, what on the agenda today?"

"Go home and sleep and eat and sleep and shower and sleep. Just lots of sleep in general.", he said sounding ridiculously happy about his day.

" Well, sleep a little for me as well. I have a long day ahead."

I was anxious to get back to work but I was really enjoying breaking my rules a little bit. Where was the fun in doing what you are supposed to do?

"I have to do the walk of shame back to the office, don't I? ", I said looking down at my ruined dress.

" Unless you can magically produce clothes."

I put my head in one hand and moaned rubbing my neck with the other.

After a few moments, gentle fingers wrapped around the back of my neck and pressed down.

"Relax pufferfish. I am not going to wring your neck.", he said when I tensed.

The pain drained away under the firm pressure and I became a loopy, blubbering mass of muscles and bones.

" Ethan, if you don't stop doing that,I will stay on this couch forever until I am a fossil and if you stop doing that I will poke you in the eye with that ball pen.", I said.

My mouth was wide open with pleasure and my eyes rolled back. That felt better than an orgasm.

"Put a cold compress on your neck. It will help with the pain. You have spondelitis don't you?", he said feeling my neck region for cramps and working them out slowly. I nodded a yes.

" You are so good at this Ethan. I swear you have magical fingers.",I moaned.

"I am a licensed Ayurvedic massage therapist.", he said grinning.

" Where were you all my life, my dear? I have been so lost without you.", I said dramatically.

"I think you survived fine without me.", he said.

I opened one eye and stared at his overly handsome, overly educated head.

"I will pay you if you do this to me everyday.", I said seriously.

"You don't have to pay me. I will do this for free."

My mouth popped open. Did he just?

I think he did.

"Ethan...did you offer to massage me everyday?", I asked incredulously.

"As long as I get to put my hands on you.", he said grinning wickedly.
Someone was in a devilish mood today.

I blushed so hard that I couldn't think of a comeback.

" You are red as a tomato. And speecless. Did I mention speechless?", he said his amber eyes twinkling with mischief.

Oh, he definitely knew what he was doing. Bastard! But I wasn't giving up so easy. I recovered quickly and bent to pick up my jacket. I made sure he had a nice vantage point to watch the gluteus maximus that I had worked so hard on at the gym. Even rumpleed, I was sexy

Then I pulled him by the collar and whispered in his ear.

"I am pretty sure you wouldn't be able to handle me with all my clothes off."

He sucked in a breath when I bit his earlobe gently. And then I gave him a saucy wink and was out of the door before he had a chance to respond.
                    ____________

"You didn't have to wait for me, Tom.", I said apologetically.

He assured me it was no trouble and dropped me off at the guesthouse. Josh was already at school and so I dressed quickly.

Al the while, Ethan's touch burned on my neck.