Destiny

Love unfurled like a sunflower in bloom in my heart, spreading across the cold cracks, digging roots on my hardened soil and spring burst out everywhere. A breathless feeling saturated the air.

I kept checking my phone every five minutes for messages from my dear doctor.

I kept seeming him everywhere.

Jules gave me faintly pitying looks everytime she saw me. It was so hopeless and bad that I almost wanted to skip meetings and have fun but dollar bills had been my first love. No one forgot their first love.

Every text made my heart leap in excitement.

Every email made me think of him.

Even Josh sensed the change in me. He too smiled like cat had eaten the canary.

But I was too happy and I wasn't meant to be.

Because there can never be too much in the life of a pauper like me. A girl born with nothing. She was meant to struggle, to fight for every penny she earned and so I went back to nothing.

It all started that morning.

Caldron came rushing into my office.

"The board wants to outvote you as CEO.", he rushed out.

"Who put this in motion?", I asked rising out of my desk in shock.

"Your sister. Jules did.", he said unable to meet my eyes.

There were times when the ground seems to slip beneath the foot, when everything one knows becomes unknown, when lightning strikes on your head. It's painful. It's wrenching.

It's a betrayal of the highest kind.

My legs collapsed beneath me. Caldron rushed out to catch me in his arms.

"Ms. Bianchi", he gasped as I put my arms on his shoulders.

"Tori!", he shouted out.

She came rushing in and immediately offered me water. I pushed it away.

" I am fine! I am fine!", I muttered pushing them away.

"I have to go.", I said hurriedly pushing them all away.

And in a daze I went out, the world blurring around me in search of answers, as the knife slid into my heart.

Jules did it. Jules did it. Jules did it.

My heart beat a staccato to the tune of falsehood, of a relation broken. As disbelief and a chilling finality took over me, I decided to ask her. To look in her eyes and ask, WHY?!

And then the world stopped spinning again as another call came.

"Am I speaking to Sana Bianchi?"

"Yeah, yeah....", I said dazedly.

"Your son......"

Hey, guys, this is Della. I hope you enjoyed Sana's story. The tale may be over but the journey is not. I usually write books as a whole and not a chapter at a time. I find it easier to concentrate like that.

The next book is called Daughter of Fire where we will see our Boss Lady, weaker than before yet stronger. The tone of the book will be sadder, harder but I want to write about a powerful woman who has won and lost and loved.

Please vote and comment and show some love. Till then, au revoir¯\_(ツ)_/¯