long drives, longer conversations

"I CANNOT FUCKING BELIEVE THAT HE DRINKS GUINNESS AND EATS BARBECUE SANDWICH AND WEARS JEANS AND A WHITE SHIRT LIKE A NORMAL PERSON", Ethan exclaimed the moment we stepped into the yellow Ferrari 458 Italia that I had decided to drive around in Monaco. This city just begged me to bring out all the toys I had in my garage and I was a car whore to the nth degree.

"AND HE HAS A PRIVATE GOLF COURSE THAT MADE ME JIZZ MY PANTS AND I AM IN A FREAKING FERRARI. OH MY GOD!"

"Better?", I asked him.

"Yeah! I feel so much better after that outburst."

"I told you Jamal was down to Earth."

"We talked a lot about his humanitarian work in Africa and Palestine. It's rare to see someone that passionate about helping others. I kinda ship the guy for using his power to make a difference.", he said in awe.

" He is a good man. I like him too. Very honest and straightforward. Hard to find people like that today."

"You had a good team around you, pufferfish."

"I owe everything to my people. I am nothing without them.", I acknowledged. Empires were not built by one woman. It took sacrifices on everyone's part to reach the zenith of success.

He held my hand tightly.

"Where are we going?"

"Does it matter as long as we are together?", I said, with more cheesiness in my tone than an extra large pizza. He snickered.

As the car accelerated to one-hundred, he grinned.

" I can't believe how lucky I am sometimes.", he said to me.

"To ride in a Ferrari 458?", I teased.

"To be able to hold your hand like this."

He pulled up our joined our hands together.

It did look weirdly good, like those silly couple goals pictures on Facebook that you hated because you secretly wanted it too. Joined hands did look better than my own open palm searching for someone to hold on to.

"I am not counting out the Ferrari either.", he teased me back. " Good Lord! Can I keep a picture for my spank bank later on?"

Of course, he wanted to masturbate to this sleek car rather than to my picture but really this gal was one sexy, well-oiled, purring machine.

"Ethan, give me a compliment right now or I will throw you out on your ass on the sidewalk this moment."

"Yes, boss. I also love a girl who can drive."

"Drive you?", I raised my eyebrows.

" I am not going to answer that but seriously it's a miracle you haven't run screaming after last night."

I squeezed his hand.

"You didn't run either. I am strong enough to bear your scars, Ethan. Your scars and my scars- they are a testament to what we survived. I don't want to hide them anymore."

Six years, six long years, my ex-husband had stolen from me. It took a very sweet and damaged doctor to make me see what I was missing.

Six, no thirty three years had been worth the wait for this man.

I parked the car in the underground garage.

"Come on.", I gestured as I handed the keys over to a valet.

" Please don't tell me you own this hotel.", he said wearily.

"I don't."

He waited for the punchline because knowing me there was one.