chapter 18

It was finally the end of the week. A Friday. A few Gryffindors would get together tonight for our having survived our first week of N.E.W.T. level classes. This, however, would be the first time we would let loose at school.

Seamus' older brother supplied him with beverages for first term. Dean also knew a guy who worked behind the bar at the Three Broomsticks who would help us out. Came in handy to know the right people.

We had the entire morning today for any extracurricular activities, seeing as Fridays meant only one lesson a day. I wasn't particularly thrilled now that Snape was teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts, but my morning trip to Hogsmeade with Leo was keeping my mind off of that greaseball of a teacher.

Hermione was still asleep after I put on my uniform and headed out the door. No sense in waking her if she would merely act like a crab.

All of the younger students were currently at their morning lessons, so the commons were much quieter on the days where us older students had no A.M. classes. Once I reached the downstairs area, I noticed a couple students chatting about.

"Morning, sunshine." Leo beamed from the couch with his feet up on the table.

"Hey." I smiled.

"I take it you're not a morning person?" He joked as I gave him a hug.

"Absolutely not. Hermione made me stay up late last night to help her practice for our dueling lesson today."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and jerked his head down. "Oh, Christ. I forgot we have that today. That Snape is a real pain in the rear end."

"That he is, indeed." I said as he linked his arm with mine. "Shall we head to Hogsmeade?"

"Yes, ma'am."

We quickly made our way out of the common room and set out for Hogsmeade. As soon as we set foot onto the grounds, the cold autumn air hit me like a Mack truck. The grounds were exceptionally picturesque this time of year and it wasn't until now that I realized I never truly appreciated the beauty of this place.

"Do you mind if we stop at J. Pippin's Potions? I forgot to pick something up there at the one in Diagon Alley." I asked as we left the back side of the castle.

"Oh, not at all. Pick up whatever you need." He replied sweetly.

I slung my bag down my arm to make sure I had enough money. Who was I kidding? My parents left Harry and I bounties of galleons. Enough to last us a lifetime.

"What exactly are you worried about paying for, Potter?"

"Oh, you know..." My voice faltered slightly and I kept my head facing the ground. "Just a few potions."

"Let me guess. You need vials."

I let out a huff. Leo was way too observant for my liking. He knew things about people before they knew it themselves. He was undoubtedly the most intuitive person I knew.

"Okay, fine. Yes. I need vials. I shrugged my shoulders. "No big deal."

"Ah." Leo nodded and grinned to himself. "So, when did you start taking said vial, hm?"

I scoffed and increased my pace to keep him walking behind me. "When did my said sex life pique your sudden curiosity, hm?"

"Oh, come on. You tell me everything. You know I haven't got loose lips." He chortled as he caught up to me.

I peered up into the sky in thought with my hand under my chin. His impatience grew as we drew closer to Hogsmeade, strolling down the lush green valleys.