chapter 8

"Come into the pool with me", Eleanor ordered and tugged at his hand. Louis was currently lying on a sun lounger, sunglasses covering his eyes and a pink cocktail in his hand.

"No thanks", he replied and flipped a page of his magazine. "Wow, have you seen the recent pictures of Jennifer Lopez? She looks bomb."

Eleanor snatched the magazine away from him. "Louis, I love you, but you're being a stubborn bitch right now. This is not the way of paying back Michael. Why can't you look at this like a fun vacation for the two of us?"

Louis pushed the sunglasses back into his hair so he could see her properly. "A fun vacation?", he asked and let out a laugh. "Nothing about this is fun."

She took a step back. "Ouch."

"Michael is an asshole, and I don't care if he's going to yell at me or not. I'm in fucking Mexico, what else could he want from me?"

"Quit it. We have a job to do and the better you perform the more likely it is that you get to be with Harry."

He sighed heavily and placed his cocktail on the little table next to him. "Fine."

Eleanor smiled happily as she grabbed his hand and pulled him with her. There were a few other people in the pool, some of which celebrities Louis knew.

He shivered as he went into the water. It was cold and it took him a couple of seconds before he put his head under water. As he got back to the surface, Eleanor giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"What are you doing?", Louis asked quietly as she twirled her fingers around the hair in the back of his neck.

"Look to your left."

Louis did and he spotted a small, middle-aged man with a camera, looking straight at them. He waved and had a dirty smile on his face. Louis groaned and turned back to Eleanor.

"I hate this shit."

"It's fine", she said and brought her face closer to his. "In the end it's all worth it, isn't it?"

Louis shrugged. "If you say so."

Eleanor gave him a last small smile before she leaned forward and kissed him. Louis didn't respond. It felt wrong and he didn't like it one bit. Eleanor pinched his arm a little and he put his arms around her waist, making it seem like he was kissing her back.

He pulled back as soon as he thought the guy with the camera had enough pictures. He'd probably get a huge pay check at the end of the day. And what would Louis get? Pain and heartbreak. What a lovely world.

Eleanor let go off him with one last kiss to his cheek and began swimming around. Louis wasn't in the mood for swimming anymore, so he got out of the water and went back to his sun lounger. He tried calling Harry, but he didn't answer the phone.

The rest of their vacation went pretty much like this. Eleanor and him doing "romantic activities" while the same guy took pictures of them and trying to text Harry as much as possible. Louis was mentally exhausted, and he was so relieved when they went back to the airport. He didn't mind spending time with Eleanor, but not like this. Not when he could be spending time with Harry instead.

The flight seemed to take forever, and Louis spent most of it watching marvel movies while Eleanor was either sleeping or reading a book.

When they landed in L.A., Louis was ecstatic to see Harry again. Surely, he'd be waiting at the airport and it was only a matter of minutes before he was in the arms of the boy he loved again.

He picked up his luggage as fast as possible and adrenalin rushed through his body as he pushed the door to the arrival terminal open.

This was the moment where Louis would drop his bags and hug Harry.