chapter 9

A/N: Thanks for all the love on this story! I'm so sorry for not updating, I didn't have much time but now I'm back!! Enjoy this chapter before it all turns around again...

After the movie, all the boys were exhausted, and Louis had to shake Niall awake because he had fallen asleep halfway through the film. Harry and Louis offered to clean and put the dirty plates away. The others all hummed thankfully as they made their way upstairs, not before calling "Good night" over their shoulders. Louis got up from the couch, stretched his arms and held them out for Harry. He took them with a smile, and they grabbed the dishes and carried them to the kitchen.

Harry wrapped his arms around Louis' waist from behind as he put the plates in the dishwasher. Louis laughed and leaned back against his chest.

"I can't move if you hold me like this."

Harry hummed and pressed a kiss to his collarbone. Louis shivered and leaned his head back against Harry's shoulder. Harry immediately took the opportunity and began showering his neck with kisses. Louis giggled happily and placed his hands on Harry's where they were still wrapped around him.

"Harry", he mumbled.

"Hm?" Harry continued to kiss his neck.

"We have to finish cleaning", he said but didn't move an inch. Harry chuckled softly and let him go after pressing one last kiss to his neck.

As quick as possible, they put everything in the dishwasher and cleaned the counter. Then Louis turned off the kitchen light and grabbed Harry's hand. Harry led him upstairs and turned around to face him when they entered the hallway.

"Do you want to stay with me tonight?", he asked quietly. Louis nodded and a smile spread across his lips as Harry pulled him inside his room.

Harry's room in L.A. was so much different than his room in England. In England, there were dozens of vinyl records lying around everywhere and he had posters of bands on the wall. Here, it seemed more like a giant hotel room, a few personal pictures here and there.

"You really need to decorate more", Louis stated and turned around as Harry closed the door behind him.

Harry shrugged and let his gaze wander around his bedroom. "California never felt like home to me."

He went over to his closet and searched through it while Louis just took his pants and shirt off and climbed into Harry's bed. It was the definition of comfort and Louis sighed heavily as he cuddled up with the duvet. Harry joined him, only wearing dark blue sweatpants. He rolled over so he was hovering above Louis, a grin on his lips.

"Hi", he said.

Louis copied his smirk. "Hey."

Harry slowly moved forward, and Louis had to take a deep breath as his face was only a few centimeters away. Then Harry kissed him, and his heart felt like it would explode. Louis lifted his hands into Harry's hair and Harry sighed as he deepened their kiss. It was one of those moments where Louis just wanted to freeze time and stay like that forever.

Harry's right hand was stroking over his waist and Louis sighed happily against his lips. After some time, Harry pulled back for air and looked down at him.

"You're beautiful", he said breathlessly, and his eyes flickered over his face.

Louis smiled widely and his hands travelled down Harry's chest, letting his fingers trail over Harry's tattoos.

"Do you ever get that feeling of being completely content? Like when you're watching the sunset or listen to your favorite song on repeat? That's how I feel when I'm with you", Louis whispered, and Harry's eyes widened. "And I never want to let that go. I want this feeling to stay forever. I want you to stay forever."