chapter two: my world went silent.

3

3.8k words.

You were still within the library, yet this time, warmth was spread throughout your body as you were stilled against Eren's toned body. You held scarce knowledge about the guy, yet you somewhat felt as if you had known him for more than a lifetime — your words flowed as if it was a present hand on caramel paper. You spent dozens of hours in here with him, scattering fragments of your life away to him as he did to you — it was all so thrilling. Though the lights depleted, a single lit candle and the fireplace catered to the conversation between the two of you, heightening the two of your beautiful features.

"So, what did you do when the claw machine dropped your item?" Eren questions, prying further into detail of your life. He and you had been doing this as hours had passed, and the storm was still present outside.

"I almost rage quit. I can't believe they had the audacity to rig it! I was so close," You lean closer to him as he bundles his arms around your frame, gifting you warmth as he could detect a cold forming within you.

"I've never really liked claw machines, nor have I ever used one," He murmurs in a closed sigh, his free hand beginning to follow his vacant chin.

"You haven't done anything! We've been here for hours, and all you've told me about is things you've never had," Eren finds himself growing rather confused on why you seemed tensed by the fact that he had spoken of not doing certain things with ease. Many had such a mutual experience with the things you were consistently resurfacing, so why was he so different?

"I'm sorry I haven't done stuff like that during my teen years, I preferred to play games and do what every normal teen did," He allows his hand to rest beside you as he speaks, his features lulling you into a soothing trance. Such features amazed you, it was rather odd why they did. But, you weren't surprised, you were one to find yourself enchanted by someone's presence, far from benumbed.

"What was normal to you?" You ask him, resting your head against his shoulder — this position was a mutual one the two of you liked. You both seemed to be touch-deprived, far from having an advertised warmth.