chapter eleven: the widower.

8

8.1k: a synopsis of acts: time skip, fluff, slight violence, reunions, minor panic attacks, overanalysing, attachment issues, comforting, daunting past, slight sadness + a few more. mind errors + vote!

a/n: sorry for the slow ass updates. I've just been discouraged by the lack of interaction with the story, so i haven't been prioritising it as much. the lack of comments is driving me insane; it just makes me feel like the story isn't good enough for comments. I don't like ranting, but I'm gonna contrast that this once.

A gentleness overtakes the entirety of you, beating away at the exhaustion you wield, you drift your eyes towards the entirety of Eren. A smile haunts his features as he coddles the entirety of Sora-Umi, listening to her softly coo at his gestures.

His eyes grow playfully wide, leading to her mimicking his gesture — softly shifting her head. The entirety of the move elicits a softness from you, welling tears in your eyes.

"Look how big she's getting," Eren shifts his head towards you, along with Sora, gifting you both tender smiles. Tender smiles that elicit a sense of peace from you. Peace as she beautifully babbles, smiling at the entirety of you.

"Almost two months old," Softly, Eren comfortably chimes in — allowing Sora-Umi to freely calm against his broad chest.

She always loves resting upon her father's chest, her movements unlimited — so beautifully supported by him. It's a position she forever loves, whether it's when she's in the living room with you both, in your bedroom, through her tearful cries, through the moments she's set to accompany the act of slumbering.

"I can't wait for our mothers, my dad, Zeke and Lotte to meet our little Umi," At your words, Eren's eyes tilt towards the window — intaking the flower field that roams the entirety of your holiday home. A flower field that was formulated, based on the characteristics both you and Sora-Umi exhibit.

"They don't even know her name or her face," Delicate towards a stirring Sora, Eren continues, "Even though we're in Germany, it still makes me so excited that our close family will be able to love her as much as we do." His words vouch for the truth, especially as Sora-Umi's safety is all the two of you care for.