Berry Tree

(A/N: Yeesh, it's about time I updated this book. Sorry about that. This one here is for all my fellow short people, as I stand at 5'3")

"Oh, come on!" You groaned as you once more failed to pick a berry from a tree. Of course the one time that you managed to find a lalapa berry tree, which you even happened to be low on, it was out of your reach. Normally, you were lucky and found berries that had recently fallen out of the tree whenever you passed one. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to have the others go on ahead of you...

In one last attempt to retrieve a berry you tried to climb the tree, not a smart choice, and ended up falling on your butt. If only you weren't on the short side. You let out a sigh as you shook your head, you were going to have to leave it there.

"(Y/N)?" A familiar voice from behind startled you. You quickly turned to see Calem, a Pokéball in hand. It was obvious that he had turned back to challenge you, and ended up finding you in an awkward situation. You could feel the heat rush to your face as he stared at you.

Calem was your teammate, best friend, rival, and your crush all at the same time. You always tried your best to not embarrass yourself in front of him, but of course you've had your slip-ups, and Shauna would occasionally reveal something embarrassing. You always managed to keep your cool those times, but now Calem flat out saw you trying to climb a tree and then falling right on your butt.

"Hey, Calem..." You said softly as he walked closer to you. As you came closer, it came to mind that he was probably tall enough to get the berries for you, even though he would need just a little jump. Your attention from Calem shifted to the tree as you thought of this. You didn't realize him holding out his hand for you.

"(Y/N)?" His voice got your attention, quickly turning to face him. "Are you okay?" He asked and he held his hand out a little further, gesturing for you to grab it. Once you took his hand he helped you stand up and glanced back up to the berries on the tree. "Were you trying to get the berries?"

You weren't sure how to respond to that. You looked back to the tree, feeling even more embarrassed. "Well, I was getting ready to get back to the city and I saw the berries but... I'm a bit too short to reach them." You said, looking downwards to your feet.

From the corner of your eye you saw Calem walk past you. Looking up, you could see him reach for the berries on the tree, able to reach them while barely standing on the tips of his toes. He picked several berries before turning around to you. "Here." He said, holding them out for you to take. You reach out and take the berries before looking at him, a soft smile on his face.

You two stared at each other, almost like something out of a romantic story. Then, a rustle in the grass behind the two of you caught your attention. At this point, it was almost a natural instinct to spin around to prepare to battle a wild pokémon. But you were about to find out that more bad luck was still to come, just not in the form of a wild pokémon... During the process of spinning around you twisted your foot and ended up falling backwards... on top of Calem.

Thankfully he did somewhat 'catch you' while you fell on top of him and knocked him down, so you fell more onto your side than on your back or front. When you looked up to him, your faces were close, but you wouldn't say too close for comfort. Neither of you said anything. For once, Calem looked nervous.

As you moved to get off, you ended up hurting your ankle. You weren't sure how bad it was going to be in the long run, but it definitely was hurting too much to walk now. Calem sat up completely as you glared at the tree. All of this fuss because this darn tree had it's berries too high up. "Are you okay, (Y/N)?" Calem asked, offering his hand to help you up.

"Yeah, I'll be- woah!" The second you tried to put weight on your injured foot, you fell straight into Calem. "Ah, sorry!" You said as you pushed yourself off his chest, but still using him for support. You'd step away from him if you didn't need him to stand.

"Let me grab your bag, and then we can catch up with the others, though Shauna is probably already looking for us, knowing her..." Calem said, helping you to the tree before stepping away to grab your bag.

You leaned against the tree as Calem picked up your bag. As he turned around, he noticed something. "Um, (Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"You've got a... You've got a stain on your butt..."

(A/N: Thank you all for waiting on this. I hit a bit of a writing slump for a while and got WAY too in MMD model edits. Oops...)

Calem X Reader One Shots (Pokémon XY 3DS)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara