Aftermath

I would like to note that this One Shot takes place after the events of the game, and it is a bit sad. Also, very short. Sorry about that.

_________________________

'It's still crazy how everything happened so fast, but at least we're still together...'

You sat on a cliff near Geosenge Town, letting out a deep breath as you looked at the town's wrecked center. Even though people had begun work to try and return the town to its original state, the large stones that people traveled to see were still knocked over.

You looked at the PokéBall in your hand. Was there truth to Lysandre's motives? You didn't notice Calem walking up to you as you were lost in thought. You didn't hear him say your name the first time he spoke to you. "(Y/N)!" Calem spoke louder the second time causing you to turn to face him.

"Calem..." You said softly as he stepped forward and sat on the cliff with you. He looked at you, but you were focused on your PokéBall again. It was obvious to Calem that you were thinking of Lysandre's reasoning.

"(Y/N)..." Calem said, resting his hand on yours, "I know that this whole adventure has been a rollercoaster, and none of us thought something like this would happen." He looked over to where you had been looking previously. "Even though it's all over now, it still has me stressed out too."

You let out a sigh and turned your hand to grasp his. "Even though stopping Lysandre was the best thing to do for everyone, I feel..." Your sentence trailed off. "I feel like he was... Like he might have been right..." Everyone was basically forcing Pokémon to fight...

Calem's grip on your hand tightened, "I know, (Y/N). Honestly, I think I've had a doubt about that too." He brushed some of your hair out of your face. You looked at him, a small, but sad, smile on your face. "Well, there's nothing that we can do now, but I think we should get back to the hotel." He stood up, helping you get to your feet too.

Walking back to the hotel, Calem made an attempt to shift the mood, "At least we don't have to see anymore people in those ugly suits." You laughed at this, it was true after all. He was trying his best to cheer you up, but it wasn't happening as well as he hoped it would.

Once the two of you were in the hotel you took off your shoes and jacket. Laying down on the bed you felt some of your stress disappear and be replaced with tiredness. "You just want to go to bed right now?" Calem asked. You nodded and turned on your side.

Laying next to your tired form, Calem pulled you close. You slowly began to fall asleep, listening to his heartbeat. "(Y/N)," Calem whispered, "I'm sorry that all this happened... We still have each other... And that's the best way this all could have turned out."