Cave

Drip... Drip... Drip...

The soft sounds of water dripping from the ceiling of the cave were all you could hear in the dark, aside from the occasional noise of small Pokémon scurrying across the ground. You let out a shaky breath, trying to see through the dark. The light that the crystals had given off at the beginning of the cave no longer existed.

You were hoping to get a chance to catch Pokémon that would differ from the other's, Pokémon that were deeper in the caves where the others refused to tread. Now you were beginning to see why they didn't want to go deeper into the caves. The start of the cave was more open and had better visibility, but deeper inside the walls began to narrow and the line of sight was decreasing.

Finally, your nerves got the best of you and you decided to turn back. As you were leaving the cave, you realized another mistake you'd made: not keeping track of what turns you had made. You hoped that you could find your way out, and not go any deeper into the maze of tunnels.

Thankfully you managed to take the right turns and returned to the part of the cave where the glimmering crystals gave off their light. A sigh of relief left your mouth before a voice startled you, "I didn't think you'd be here in the caves this late." You spun around quickly to see Calem behind you.

"Calem, you scared me!" You scowled as he walked closer to you. At least it was him though, and not those weirdos in the ugly red suits. He seemed tired like you, and was probably leaving the cave as well. Hopefully he knew the way out.

"I didn't see you earlier," He said, "What part of the cave have you been in?" He began to get curious, wondering if you had found a better spot that had more Pokémon. You nervously glanced at the tunnel that led into the dark depths of the cave. He caught on to the motion and was surprised. "Did you go in there?" Realizing that you had gone into the area that everyone had agreed was 'too risky' to go into.

A nervous smile crossed your face, knowing that Calem occasionally would low-key scold you for brazen actions like that, but he wouldn't be upset for long. "I thought we all agreed that going into a dark place like that was not a good idea, even with a partner." He said as he folded his arms. You shrugged, which seemed to upset him more.

"What's the big deal?" You asked, "There's no reason to get so worked up over me going there by myself." You said, noting that Calem doesn't normally get upset like this. You know the score~" You said, teasing him while trying to calm him down might not have been the best idea. Getting no response, you gave him a look that obviously showed that you wanted a response from him.

"We all agreed that that part of the cave was too dangerous to go into alone, and don't bring our battles into this." He said, his tone starting to ease up. Assuming that he wouldn't be 'happy' until he received some type of apology. "Alright, I'm sorry. Next time I'll ask one of you guys to come with me." You said, feeling bad for worrying him.

"Honestly, you should just have me go with you..." You heard him mutter to himself as he turned to leave the cave, you following behind. Hearing this gave you a chance to mess with him a little, even though it wasn't the wisest choice.

"First you were overly protective, and now you're getting jealous of me saying I'll ask the others." You laughed a little bit, getting him to turn around. His face was now starting to turn red, whether this was because of embarrassment or irritation it was still cute. Very rarely did Calem 'lose his cool'.

"You're lucky that I stuck around to make sure you got out of this cave!" He said, revealing that the only reason that he was in the cave was because he was waiting for you. Realizing that a bit of his soft spot for you was showing, he spun back around and continued to walk to the cave's entrance.

You got closer to him and reached for his hand, grasping it firmly. He looked to you, seeing your smile finally made him relax and he returned the gesture.

It was always nice to see the softer side of Calem. It was something that it seemed that he'd only show you, judging by the conversations that you've had with the others.

(A/N: Hey guys, I'm sorry that this one isn't super fluffy or as romantic as my old ones. I'm juggling Calem, YOHIO and trying to get a Dream Eater Len Kagamine story finished. I hope that this will be okay until I can get a better one out.)