A Little Time Together

(Y/N) = Your Name

(F/P) = Favorite Pokémon

A cool breeze shifted the grass in front of you, causing small Pokémon to scurry off. You looked over the field from a small cliff, sitting in the shade of a tall tree. You were done training with your Pokémon for the day, and just wanted to take a break and take in the sights.

You looked to your side and picked up your bag, rummaging through and pulling out you (F/P)'s PokéBall. Seeing that it was just you, you figured that the two of you could simply sit, or play together. Have a little time together.

Right before you released your Pokémon , you were interrupted. "I guess you beat me to this spot." A familiar voice from behind caused you to jump. You turned to see Calem standing behind you, surprised that you had gotten to the spot before him.

"I wasn't really looking for it," You replied, "I sorta just stumbled upon it." Calem gave you a quizzical look which made you guess that the spot had some type of special significance. "But, I guess you know something about this place that I don't." You were hoping to get some type of answer about the place.

"Well," Calem said as he stepped forwards, "There's really nothing that special about it, just that my mother mentioned this spot about her and my dad... One of those stories." He said, hinting that it was a romantic story about his parents.

You laughed a little bit, "Well, I've heard those kinds of stories from my parents too." You put your PokéBall back into your bag, making room for Calem to sit next to you as he approached. You could tell that he had been training with his Pokémon as well.

"I'm a little surprised to see you by yourself," Calem said. Sitting next to you, he began to dig through his bag. An irritated grumble was heard as he continued to dig, not finding whatever he was looking for, "You seem to always be with the others."

"Well, they're always calling me to meet up with them. Why don't you ever come with us? Don't they call you?" You asked. Now that you thought about it, most of the time, he wasn't there. Also, the times he was there, he seemed almost... unhappy. Maybe small stops and meet-ups were pointless to him. I guess all you had different goals in mind.

Shauna wanted to make memories, Trevor wanted to fill the Pokédex and Tireno just wanted to dance. You Calem were the only ones who were interested in training and battling. Perhaps that was the thing that the two of you bonded over.

"They call me, but..." His sentence trailed off. He shook his, choosing to not share his reasoning. "Here," he said, handing you a small candy bar, "This is for you." You smiled as you took the candy from him, thanking him before eating it.

A small laugh escaped Calem's lips, causing you to look at him strangely. He saw the look you gave him, "It's nothing, (Y/N)..." He said, but your continuing stare pressed him for answers. "Well, this sort of is going like my mom's story." He pulled out another candy bar from his bag, this one for himself.

Those words made you think, was this planned in some way? The two of you coming to this spot seemed way too coincidental for this moment to happen the same way his parents' story went. Maybe it was all luck, and he was taking advantage of it. Either way, you didn't mind.

You and Calem seemed to be in an 'unofficial relationship'. Or at least, it seemed that way to you, and maybe the others. "I'd say you planned this," You started, "but I'd hate to ruin the mood." You scooted closer to him, him moving closer to you as well.

Calem put his arm around you, pulling you closer and placing a kiss on your forehead. You smiled, leaning your head onto his shoulder, followed by him resting part of his head on your's. Even if the two of you weren't official, it was always nice to have a little time together.

(A/N: Sorry about this one being short. It's been a weird and rough day, and times aren't good in general. I have an idea for a bit of a 'funnier' one shot with Calem and the Reader stuck in a cave, so I'll try to get to work on that. Thank you for reading!)