Hotel Room [NOT LEMON]

"I shouldn't have challenged you to a battle, (Y/N)." Calem said as the two of you hurried down the dark streets of Lumiose City, "We could be asleep at a hotel right now..." Calem had challenged you to a Pokémon battle on the way to the city, but starting a battle right at sunset is a bad idea. Good to know for future reference.

Tired from previous battles with wild Pokémon that day, you agreed with him. You were probably more tired and irritated than he was. Despite those feelings, you knew that you weren't going to be able to be Calem, or at least for long. From the beginning of your Pokémon journey you've had a crush on him, and now those feelings have kept on growing and have started to turn into love.

"At least I can see the hotel from here." Calem said with a sigh of relief.

As a part of the 'request' for you to go on this journey, Professor Sycamore had made arrangements for hotels and a few other services to be available to you and the others. This was something that definitely made your journey easier. You couldn't wait to get into the hotel, get into a room and finally take a shower.

You finally got a sense of relief as the two of you entered the hotel. There was a surprisingly large amount of people in the lobby. Suddenly you received a HoloClip call from your parents. "You can take that," Calem said, "I can get the hotel rooms set up." Calem walked towards the counter, letting you speak to your parents.

A small smile was left on your face once the HoloClip was over. You could see Calem walking towards you, but something seemed... 'off' about him. Maybe there weren't any rooms left? That thought made you feel even more exhausted.

"There's a bit of a... situation with the rooms," He started, sounding nervous. Very rarely did he ever sound nervous. He looked down momentarily as he fiddled with the strap of his messenger bag. "There was only one room, and considering today's tiring events I figured that it wasn't worth it to keep looking for hotels."

You struggled to find words as your face heated up, so you only nodded and followed him to the room. The two of you were silent in the elevator and hallway until you had gotten into your room.

As soon as you got into the room both you and Calem took off your shoes and set your bags down. Calem sat down on a couch in an almost childish manner. He was a little more relaxed with you around, and almost seemed to joke about things.

A small laugh escaped your lips, causing him to look at you. Confusion and a small amount of irritation were both on his face, not sure if you were laughing at him or not.

"I'm sorry, Calem," You said as you sat down on the bed, "It's just funny that you act almost childish whenever the others aren't around." Another laugh came out as you saw the look on his face become irritated.

"Well," He started, "They haven't seen me lose to you as many times as I have. So, not much of a point of trying to be 'cool and collected' around you as much." He picked up a PokéBall that had rolled out of his bag. "You have to be doing something different than I am..." The last part came out in a whisper, but you heard it.

You felt bad, you've won most of the Pokémon battles that the two of you have had. You couldn't figure out any training differences or even a comforting response so you decided to change the subject. "Well, at least we have a room."

You looked around the room. There was the bed, the couch, a dresser and a bathroom. You couldn't see any of the bathroom because the door was partly closed. Even though this wasn't a 'fancy five star' hotel, it was still quite nice. You got off the bed and moved to the bathroom door.

"Well, I think I'll take a shower before I go to bed... Unless you wanted to take one first." You looked back at Calem as you began to push the door open.