'12.0 - WAR.

basorexia (n

basorexia (n.)
a strong craving or hunger for kissing

☀︎︎

| CHAPTER TWELVE |

☀︎

IT WAS SELECTIVE HUNGER.

there are times that you crave a certain food so much that it drives you mad. you keep thinking about it. if you close your eyes you can imagine that first bite, the burst of flavor on your tongue and the smell of spices in your nose.

in fact, you think about it so much that your body moves on it's own as it orders the food online or walks over to the restaurant.

and when you take that first long anticipated bite, it's a food orgasm, a piece of heaven in your mouth.

but the opposite is true as well.

when you build up your expectation, look forward to the feeling that never comes. because the restaurant is closed or they ran out of an ingredient.

that's when you're hit with pain, anger, hurt. you get moody and try to hide your disappointment by sounding annoyed.

but let's be honest. it doesn't fool anybody.

at least not the ash blond next to you.

your day had been full of one misfortune after the other and when you didn't find the food truck in its usual spot, you were sure you'd been cursed.

of course wizards and magic weren't real. but someone's quirk? it was possible.

"this is why i don't like to look too forward to things. this is what happens when i get excited." you kicked a pebble and crossed your arms over your chest.

"it's just a food truck."

you looked up at bakugou, eyes wide and quite offended "it's not just a food truck."

"i took you to the worst date and then lost my car."

"fine. it's not a competition. i was just really looking forward to it."

"if it was a competition i would've totally won though."

"i know you're like, obsessed with being number one and everything, but i really don't think you'd wanna win this."

he shoved his hands in his pockets and looked up at you "now what?"

you stared down at your shoes in thought.

he hadn't forgotten about the giant "v" word on his car. you knew because he'd been tense ever since. his casual demeanor might've fooled someone else but you'd learned to notice his little tellings when you were working under him back when you'd first joined the agency.