Chapter 5

Sparkling had taken Herb to his vehicle, and allowed him to get comfortable in the passenger seat as he locked up the shop. Herb was trying his best not to reminisce on what Fruitcake did, instead focus on what he could to in the next few weeks during his down time.

Herb checked his phone as a buzz sent a shiver up his spine. He checked the name of the messenger and froze... Fruitcake messaged him. But why?

Herb read the message, beginning to latch onto every word, as they stung at his heart.

"I'm so, so sorry, Herb. I was drunk again, and I promised I wouldn't drink anymore. I do not think it was right of you to leave me though. All we did was have sex and then you got pissed about it. God, again with your sensitive ass. Learn to grow up. I don't know where you're at now, but I want you back home. You love me, and wouldn't leave me behind, right? Why would you do that to me when I've done so much for you. "

After some minutes of waiting, Sparkling got into the already cranked car. He shifted gears and began to drive to the exit of the lot.

"So, where are we going?"

•••

Sparkling slowed to a stop outside of a house. Herb told him it was his, but in reality, it was Licorice and Clover's. "This is your stop, right?" They both peered towards the house on the left. Herb looked down to his phone, reviewing the message fruitcake sent.

"No... a few more down actually. I'll tell you when."

Herb was disturbed by Fruitcake's message. Parts of it, at least. But he apologized. He should probably return home. He would get his things from Clover's eventually. Just not now. Hopefully his sudden disappearance wouldn't worry them. Again.

Herb groaned and put his head in his hands. He didn't know what to do. He was so scared of either outcome. If he left, fruitcake would hurt him when he eventually came back. If he stayed, he would get hurt, most likely. Fruitcake was bound to find where he was staying too. It was just down the street. It was all so scary. He didn't know what to do. He could feel tears build up in his eyes as he whimpered.

Sparkling's eyes widen as he heard Herb start to cry,,, again. Sparkling thought about Herb crying earlier. He could have swore it had something to do with Fruitcake. He even made sure they were dating, so it would be plausible...

Sparkling rubbed Herb's back with one hand, "Hey, hey. It's okay... Are you needing a place to go?" Herb shook his head, almost gagging out a response, "-No. I,, I just a-am scared" Sparkling lowered his tone a bit, "Scared of what, Herb?" Herb realized he didn't need to say what he said. He quickly rubbed away his tears as they threatened to keep falling. "Neve-mind— I-I just... take me to..". Herb didn't know where to go.

He tried to calm down the best he could, "Just... a-anywhere, okay?? Just not... around here." Sparkling seemed to nod in understanding. He was very worried for Herb. He just didn't know how to help.

Herb turned his head to stare out of the window. He was embarrassed and ashamed. Poor Sparkling. He hadn't much of an idea what was going on, and the worst part was that he couldn't straight up ask. Well, he did have an idea... but what if he were wrong?

Sparkling didn't know how to make any more conversation. He only could think on where to go. He just decided to start driving towards his own house. He looked over to Herb, as he spoke to him, "Hey, Herb. It's it okay if I take you to my house. I live a few miles away, so it's not close to here."

As soon as Herb looked over, Sparkling could only wince, as his expression tugged at his heart strings. His face was stained with tear streaks and he mostly just looked disheveled. Sparkling whipped his head back to the road, as he couldn't keep eye contact. Herb practically whispered, "I don't care.."

DATE PUBLISHED:  3|11|2022 (US FORM)

Sorry I was gone so long!! This is also a short chapter >< I'll post a longer chapter soon!!